So, I know these things aren't worth much, but the highest bid for the pair was $15. I said I'd bump the bid to $20 and nobody else bid so I won. I figured, for $20, even if they're not great rifles I can use the stocks at least.

For that $20 I came home with a Stevens model 57 single shot 20 gauge bolt action and a Stevens model 15-a single shot 22 cal bolt action.

The bolt is missing on the 22 cal, and the bolt action is broke on the 20 gauge. What I was originally thinking was I could just replace the bolts on both and call it done (still a possibility). But, then the mind started wandering...

I'm wondering if there are parts out there that I can modify these (all wood) stocks to create something even better. Is there a way I can use these stocks and barrels with some after market equipment and make them semi-auto or at least bolt action with clips? If not, replacement parts would be fine for these $10 guns.

I'd like info on how to find replacement parts, and info on parts that I could use to build something even more creative. I like tinkering with stuff and building things. A gun is one thing I haven't built yet. Thanks!