Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Got 2 guns for $20 at auction. Looking for parts and suggestions.

So, I know these things aren't worth much, but the highest bid for the pair was $15. I said I'd bump the bid to $20 and nobody else bid so I won. I figured, for $20, even if they're not great rifles I can use the stocks at least.

For that $20 I came home with a Stevens model 57 single shot 20 gauge bolt action and a Stevens model 15-a single shot 22 cal bolt action.

The bolt is missing on the 22 cal, and the bolt action is broke on the 20 gauge. What I was originally thinking was I could just replace the bolts on both and call it done (still a possibility). But, then the mind started wandering...

I'm wondering if there are parts out there that I can modify these (all wood) stocks to create something even better. Is there a way I can use these stocks and barrels with some after market equipment and make them semi-auto or at least bolt action with clips? If not, replacement parts would be fine for these $10 guns.

I'd like info on how to find replacement parts, and info on parts that I could use to build something even more creative. I like tinkering with stuff and building things. A gun is one thing I haven't built yet. Thanks!
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Got 2 guns for $20 at auction. Looking for parts and suggestions.

Try [Numrich Gun Parts]

The web site is one of the best I've used for finding parts for old guns, and I've never been disappointed with their products. I have several Stevens/Savage out of production shotguns and have found all the parts I need there.

Shipping was cheap, and I've always gotten the parts in about 3-5 days after ordering them online.

For another 99 cents, I also got a complete breakdown schematic of my gun so once I had it apart, I had some idea of how it should go back together. For that they sent a .PDF file attached to an email, so I saved it on my PC and have one less piece of paper in my gun file.

There's a drop down box with an alphabetical list of all the manufacturers, but keep in mind when you're looking for parts for a Stevens, look for Savage in the list because it'll be under Savage/Stevens/Springfield. Just a heads up because I seem to forget that every time I look.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Got 2 guns for $20 at auction. Looking for parts and suggestions.

Here's the thread in the rifle section. Pics of the rifle are up and I will be putting up pics of the shotgun Tuesday...

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/951...ml#post1163553
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.