Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Concealed carry to/from and during the NRA convension.

The NRA annual convension is in May in Charlotte, NC. I plan on driving from PA down the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains to get there. I have both PA and Florida LTCF. How do they handle folks carrying while at the convension? I definately don't want to leave my weapon in the hotel room nor in my rental car. Do they have lockers, apply zip ties or some other method? Please elaborate. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is and remains immortal.- Albert Pines

Default Re: Concealed carry to/from and during the NRA convension.

heres the rules for the the convention center...will they make an exception for the NRA convention I wonder? Kind of wondering why the NRA chose a place with these kinds of rules but

7.30 DANGEROUS WEAPONS

A “dangerous weapon” is any object or device designed or intended to be used to inflict serious injury upon persons or property.

1. The possession of a dangerous weapon is prohibited in the Convention Center, except as provided below. Concealed weapons are strictly prohibited in the Convention Center.

2. If firearms are an integral part of an event, an exhibitor may display a firearm as part of its exhibit during an event subject to the following:

a. The exhibitor must comply with all federal, state, and local laws governing the possession and/or sale of firearms.

b. Firearms may not be loaded or fired in the Convention Center.

c. Firearms must be deactivated by removal of the firing pin, the bolt, or otherwise altered so that they are incapable of being fired (e.g., by a metal lock through the trigger mechanism, a plastic strap securing the trigger or hammer mechanism, a plastic strap securing the firearm’s “action” mechanism in an “open” state, or otherwise).

Exceptions may be granted, at the CRVA’s sole discretion, for particularly rare antique firearms displayed in a locked case or otherwise made inaccessible.

d. Powder or primers are prohibited in the Convention Center. Sample live ammunition may be displayed in exhibits, which are kept separate from firearm exhibits or by exhibitors who do not also display firearms.

e. Firearms and ammunition will be inspected by an authorized safety inspector approved by the CRVA during event move-in and/or at such other times as determined by the CRVA. Violations of this policy will be reported to show management and the CRVA. All violations must be corrected before an exhibit will be allowed to open.

f. The sale of firearms and ammunition is prohibited in the Center, although exhibitors may take orders for future delivery subject to applicable law
    Last edited by mike_yorkPA; March 28th, 2010 at 04:02 AM.

I'd ask the NRA if I were you. As I recall their last convention, they had a sign stating it was OK to carry at the convention - whether they have negotiated something similar to circumvent the venues rules, in Charlotte, I don't know - the NRA would.

Adios,

Bob
    NRA Benefactor Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    I'd ask the NRA if I were you. As I recall their last convention, they had a sign stating it was OK to carry at the convention - whether they have negotiated something similar to circumvent the venues rules, in Charlotte, I don't know - the NRA would.

Adios,

Bob
    kind of hungry for pizza now lol but as he said it may be your best bet, that or call. I had sent an email the 2 of march to them about this and didnt get a reply yet

(Wayne County)

Also remember that if your going to use the Blue Ridge Parkway you will be going on some Federal Property if I`m not mistaken

(Warren County)

Unhappy Re: Concealed carry to/from and during the NRA convension.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_yorkPA View Post
    kind of hungry for pizza now lol but as he said it may be your best bet, that or call. I had sent an email the 2 of march to them about this and didnt get a reply yet

And is it any wonder why so many gun owners do not belong to the NRA?

Having a convention at a place that doesn't even allow functional firearms????

Doesn't answer questions about it???

(Northampton County)

From the NRA's Annual Meeting website (http://www.nraam.org)

On the bottom right hand corner of the home page:

Note: North Carolina State law prohibits the carrying of firearms in the Charlotte Convention Center, and the Time Warner Cable Arena. In addition, the Rules and Regulations of the Charlotte Convention Center prohibit the carrying of firearms in the Center. Pursuant to Time Warner Cable Arena policy, all individuals entering the Arena will be subject to a magnetometer security check.

(Clinton County)

This makes No-sense what so ever. I am a Member. Will have a hard time re-newing. They do not practice what they preach.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Luzerne County)

As an NRA member... I will have to agree with the guy above me... That I too will have a hard time paying up when it comes time for renewal... Why would they do this?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Note: North Carolina State law prohibits the carrying of firearms in the Charlotte Convention Center, and the Time Warner Cable Arena. In addition, the Rules and Regulations of the Charlotte Convention Center prohibit the carrying of firearms in the Center. Pursuant to Time Warner Cable Arena policy, all individuals entering the Arena will be subject to a magnetometer security check.
    Seems like there aren't many options.....unless you think they can change or ignore state law. As I recall, when the convention was in Philly years ago you weren't allowed to carry there either.

It's about keeping things safe and like it or not, the rules are designed to protect against idiots. As a result the rest of us are inconvenienced.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast