Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: peeps on an ak

Default peeps on an ak

Anyone have anything good to say about any of the peep/ghost sights on a ak?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: peeps on an ak

No.

The don't sit close enough to the eye to work the way that they're supposed to.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    Anyone have anything good to say about any of the peep/ghost sights on a ak?
    Ever see a picture of an Israeli Galil or the Finnish Valmet? They have rear aperture sights but they're mounted on the rear of the receiver cover. I've read some reports of people liking them but I agree with Thekatar. I dunno how in the world you can get a sight picture.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Ever see a picture of an Israeli Galil or the Finnish Valmet? They have rear aperture sights but they're mounted on the rear of the receiver cover.
    One would think you'd have to re-zero after cleaning the gun...? Maybe not. The longer sight radius is nice, but IMO let an AK be an AK; don't try to turn it into an AR. The forward-style open sights on the AK let you see the whole field fairly well while mounting the rifle. I find it to be great for CQB shooting.

I was wondering about one of the ones that replace the rear sight , having it not extend my sight radius is fine just wanted an easier on the ageing eyes sight is all

My brother in law had a mojo sight on his yugo AK. I didn't really care for it plus he had problems with the leaf spring under the sight not applying enough pressure on the sight to hold it down (not the sights fault). IMO his stock yugo sight was nice, my romy sight sucks...
    "The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil but, because of the people who do nothing about them."
    - Albert Einstein

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    I was wondering about one of the ones that replace the rear sight , having it not extend my sight radius is fine just wanted an easier on the ageing eyes sight is all
    A 1x red dot optical sight is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay5oh View Post
    My brother in law had a mojo sight on his yugo AK. I didn't really care for it plus he had problems with the leaf spring under the sight not applying enough pressure on the sight to hold it down (not the sights fault). IMO his stock yugo sight was nice, my romy sight sucks...
    I heard mojo had redone their ak sight , unsure of how long ago , wonder which he had? But this is the type of info I am looking for , heard some bad stuff about some brands and looking for a good one
    I would put a red dot on it but ...... it might get in the way of the peep

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    A 1x red dot optical sight is your friend.
    I second this one. I put one on my AK. I liked it. Then I ran the house at the shoot with it. CQB conditions. Fast and furious shooting. Shooting on the move. Shooting while almost running down the hallway. I did very well. Nice groups. (OK, so one bunch went into the hostages head. But the group was about 2 inches. It was my fault for rushing. This was shot while sidestepping and not stopping to shoot. OH, and this was the first time I ever tried this kind of shooting with my AK.

I don't like my red dot any more. I LOVE IT!!!!!
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%