Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Bucks County Fish and Game

Quote Originally Posted by condition1 View Post
    $15 a year not $150?!!
    Yes, $15. And you get 25, 50, 100 yard ranges, a trap range, and a bass pond. Better yet, 90% of the time you go to shoot, you'll be the only one there.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I shot one time only at Bucks Fish and Game, had a negative run-in with an over-zealous RSO, and have never been back. Basically, I was shooting an AK. Being well-aware of the 5 or 6 second rule between shots, I would fire, count to five VERY slowly (1 mississippi...2 mississippi...basically more like 6 or 7 seconds between shots), and had an RSO come over, loud and arrogant, and carrying on about rapid firing. I packed my gear and left.

Paletown is $15 a year for the first year, $10 a year after that, is 20 minutes past Bucks Fish and Game, has no loud and arrogant RSOs, the ranges are always empty, and if you get the urge, you can even rapid fire some without being hollered at. Unfortunately, we only accept members once a year, and you missed that opportunity for this year.
    While I won't argue that you appear to have had a bad experience there, can we please stop mistating the rule? It is 2 seconds, which yes can be annoying if you are trying to rapid fire or do double tap drills or what have you. There is a large difference however between 6 to 7 seconds and 2 seconds.

Here is a link to the actual rules. The rule in question is 5.7.

http://bcfg.org/General_Rules2010.pdf

Doesn't Paletown have a waiting list? If I recall correctly last time I checked you could only join during a short time frame and there was a waiting list. Not quite as convenient as BCFG if that is the case.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB0 View Post
    While I won't argue that you appear to have had a bad experience there, can we please stop mistating the rule? It is 2 seconds, which yes can be annoying if you are trying to rapid fire or do double tap drills or what have you. There is a large difference however between 6 to 7 seconds and 2 seconds.

Here is a link to the actual rules. The rule in question is 5.7.

http://bcfg.org/General_Rules2010.pdf

Doesn't Paletown have a waiting list? If I recall correctly last time I checked you could only join during a short time frame and there was a waiting list. Not quite as convenient as BCFG if that is the case.
    No waiting list, but we only take in members once a year, in February. That is something I'm hoping to change.

And thank you for the rules link. I hope the RSO that I quoted (he demanded the 5 seconds, the rule book was never pressed into my hand) has brushed up on them since I was there last.

(Bucks County)

I am a newer member at Bucks County Fishing and Game, and so far it has been great. Most of the guys I ran into were nice (theres always a douchebag in any crowd), but the range is great! Sure, it's not the cheapest range, but it is one of the nicest!
    -Mark

(Bucks County)

I've been a member of Bucks county fish and game for a little over a year. I like it a lot. Just this past weekend I was there shooting a few pistols and struck up a conversation with a guy in the rifle shed/range. He had about 5 or 6 rifles such as AR 15's and the like. I told him I don't know much about rifles but want to get into it. He talked with me for about a half an hour explaining the differences in his rifles and let me shoot a few. He was very gracious and a wealth of information. He also told me about the first Saturdays of every month they have CMP events where you can come out and use the clubs rifles for free and pay very little for ammo and get certified. Not sure of all details but it sounds like a cool program for people to get into rifles. So far everyone I've met there have all been pretty nice. Just have to be careful not to rapid fire. Shoot every 2 seconds. No big deal! I just wish they had more pistol events and self defense shooting courses. Plinking around is fine but it would be nice to get a little more defense type shooting in.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to throw my $0.02 in.

Ive been a member of this range for about three years now, and the ONLY reason I go there is because I have not been able to find a place close to me to shoot at (im in upper bucks county).

By and large my experience at this range has been negative. These are only SOME of my encounters.

1) Was finished shooting, and packed up my stuff including my rifles BEFORE an all clear was given, and placed them behind the firing line. Once the buzzer was sounded and the flags were up I retrieved my targets and than picked up my range bag, and guns (that were cased at this point, and BEHIND the firing line), and started walking out only to be accosted by an R.O. who quite loudly told me that I was not to handle any firearm, or range bag, during an all clear.

Keep in mind that everything at this point was behind the firing line, and closed up.

2) Was shooting there with my 72 year old Dad a few months before his passing (he was a member there also). He had his ID card with him, but neither he, nor I noticed that when he put the sticker on for that year, that it was an incorrect sticker. We had just gotten set-up, when another R.O. (again, quite loudly and in your face), basically told us my Father had to get a guest pass or leave. Keep in mind he was a member, and had his ID card with him, but the membership guy sent him the wrong sticker. We were both so ticked off about the attitude of the R.O. that we just packed up and left.

3) In the rifle shed this time. I had all me gear set up during a ceasefire, had a safety flag in my AR, and my range bag under the bench. Next thing I know an R.O. was in my face again...Why? A single, lone, solitary live round had fallen out of my bag and was under my bench.

4) Back to the pistol shed. I was shooting a semi-auto pistol, when the buzzer rang for a cease-fire. Before I had a chance to clear my weapon and put the safety flag up the people in the shed next door started walking down. The buzzer literally rang and then they started walking down. They didnt even bother to look and see if my flag was up. What happened ? You guessed it, face full of R.O.

The guys that serve as R.O.s there are really a bunch of ignorant azzes. If someone IS breaking a rule, or is being unsafe, than there is nothing wrong with a mild warning, but these guys like to yell and get in your face over things...

(Montgomery County)

Might I suggest you consider Langhorne Rod and Gun Club in Northampton Bucks County?

Quote Originally Posted by Lastdefender View Post
    Might I suggest you consider Langhorne Rod and Gun Club in Northampton Bucks County?
    is there a link to their website? Im really trying to stay within a 30 minute drive of zip 18930

(Berks County)

Where is 18930, I'm not much in the mood to Google? Too bad you didn't see my thread about Paletown Rod and Gun Club in Quakertown. $15 first year, $10 a year after that, three ranges (25, 50, 100), no Range Officers, trap field, archery range, bass pond, and it's almost always empty.

its in kintnersville, by lake nockamixon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast