Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default dpms 308 butt stock question

Ok I have a dpms 308 with both a ap4 upper and a 24 inch upper and I'm trying to find a butt stock or butt stocks to fit my situation.

the 6 position stock is good for the ap4 barrel but not so much for long shots with the 24. I've thought about changing to the magpul precision stock and just kinda deal with it. Never shot with one though so don't know the length and feel and don't wanna sit so far back with the ap4 barrel. I know there has to be something. I've seen the collapsible ones that got all the flimsy looking add-ons like the cheek rest and stuff but I'm sure I'd brake that. Looking for something sturdy and dependable.

I'm sure i'm missing something so any sugestions you guys can think of would be nice.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: dpms 308 butt stock question

If you go with the Magpul PRS, be sure to get the AR10/LR308 version. It has a shorter cheek-piece that won't interfere with the longer charging handle.

I used a UBR on my 22" build, but have yet to get it out to shoot. The weight on the UBR seem to balance it pretty well and I like the quick gross adjustability and the option to collapse it for storage.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Philadelphia County)

how is the UBR? comfotable and ease of use?

I was talking some people i know i they actually said something like i could use the ubr and make a custom spacer for inside the prs to make up for the short tube. not sure how it would work out though. i deff gotta get my hands on both of them and take a look and get a feel for them.

The PRS stock is going to add some serious weight. I had a PRS on my LR308. The UBR or even a CTR would be a better compromise. Magpul makes solid products and the UBR and CTR do not weigh you down as the PRS.

(Philadelphia County)

Well if i was gonna go that route i could just go with the LMT SOPMOD stock. I'm already used to it and it has a Superior cheek weld compaired to the standard dpms collapsible stock