Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Fayette County)

Exclamation Know of a Good Oral Surgeon?

Over the last winter I unfortunately came down with a bone infection on the left side of my skull.
    After months of horrible pain and intravenous antibiotic treatments it has gone away.

But now, I need an oral surgeon because some of the infection spread to my top left molars.

If you have experience with a good Oral Surgeon in and/or around the Pittsburgh area, I would appreciate hearing about it.

I am very very lucky if didnt spread to the inside of my skull and attack the brain.

I think the next time I travel to a third world country I an going to wear a hazmat suit the whole time. Im pretty sure I picked up this bug somewhere near Mongolia last fall.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Know of a Good Oral Surgeon?

Content Removed by Staff...

Come on, the OP has a serious question.
    Last edited by RocketFoot; March 21st, 2010 at 09:03 AM.
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Monroe County)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I do know a great Oral surgeon but he's on the other side of the state from you, sorry. Make sure the one you find will knock you out cold. Trust me you'll thank me when it's over.

(Allegheny County)

Jill had a great oral surgeon for wisdom teeth and a significantly more intense surgery. I'll make sure she posts.

(Allegheny County)

Sorry to hear about your situation, I'll keep you in my prayers.......
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Allegheny County)

I had my wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Harold J. Samay in Lower Burrell. His specialty is "Oral Surgery & Maxillofacial Surgery" which sounds to be exactly what you need. No clue what kind of track record he has on more complicated surgeries, but everything went fine with my procedure. I had two deeply impacted wisdom teeth, that had to be essentially scraped out of the bone.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

Call Dr. Pituch. He did my surgery at Mercy on my mandible. He's the best around. People fly from all over to see him. He's the Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial surgery at three hospitals. They worked on like four people the day of my surgery.

(412) 687-5589

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07206/803957-114.stm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06166/698462-66.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Over the last winter I unfortunately came down with a bone infection on the left side of my skull.
    After months of horrible pain and intravenous antibiotic treatments it has gone away.

But now, I need an oral surgeon because some of the infection spread to my top left molars.

If you have experience with a good Oral Surgeon in and/or around the Pittsburgh area, I would appreciate hearing about it.

I am very very lucky if didnt spread to the inside of my skull and attack the brain.

I think the next time I travel to a third world country I an going to wear a hazmat suit the whole time. Im pretty sure I picked up this bug somewhere near Mongolia last fall.
    Last edited by archangel689; March 21st, 2010 at 04:44 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GuyMontag View Post
    Jill had a great oral surgeon for wisdom teeth and a significantly more intense surgery. I'll make sure she posts.
    YES!
    Dr. Michael Bianco, 88 Fort Couch Rd (across from South Hills Village Rd).
    He's absolutely wonderful. http://www.drmichaelbianco.com/

He took out my wisdom teeth and he also did a surgically assisted upper palate expansion on me, which was a brutal surgery. Not only did he do an amazing job on my surgery, but he called me at home that night to make sure I was ok, and gave Matt his cell phone number in case we needed him for anything. Just an all around good guy who is amazing at what he does. His staff was phenomenal too. I so highly recommend him.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble! Good luck! Hope you're all fixed up soon!

(Fayette County)

I really appreciate all of the replies. I am going to give those offices a call Monday.

Thanks again!
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli