Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Monroe county references

Quote Originally Posted by twoguns View Post

THE VERY FACT THAT THERE IS SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM ADVOCATING AND SOLICITING "REFERENCES" FROM PEOPLE HE DOES NOT KNOW IS BOGUS ON ITS FACE!....BUT I SUPPOSE SOME OF YOU ARE OK WITH THAT AS LONG AS HE PAYS TAXES AND DID NOT MOVE HERE FROM N.Y. OR N.J.

SEEMS HYPOCRITICAL TO ME.

FURTHERMORE, IF YOU THINK THIS SHERIFF IS DOING SUCH A GREAT JOB HOW IS IT THAT HE SEEMS TO HAVE LOST CONTROL OF THE COUNTY JAIL?
    I wouldn`t give a reference to anybody I genuinely couldn`t verify regardless as to where they came from.

What does the county sheriff have to do with the local jail? I`m thoroughly confused now.
    Last edited by Exbiker; March 21st, 2010 at 07:00 AM.

(Monroe County)

There should be a sticky above with all of the threads about Monroe County and the LTCF issues...

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/798...rrow-help.html

Aside from the transient issue (ie nj and ny folks) sheriff Martin’s BS requirements effects anyone moving to Monroe. If someone were to move from across the state, and apply or renew their permit they will be denied why? Because they don’t know anyone yet? Because they haven’t lived in Monroe long enough to have tax records? Someone from Ohio that has a Ohio permit and possibly a pa non res that lands in Monroe suddenly can’t carry and should be denied a right because their LTCF expired shortly after their move? Some of you guys are OK with that?
    Last edited by God's Country; March 21st, 2010 at 09:41 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Aside from the transient issue (ie nj and ny folks) sheriff Martin’s BS requirements effects anyone moving to Monroe. If someone were to move from across the state, and apply or renew their permit they will be denied why? Because they don’t know anyone yet? Because they haven’t lived in Monroe long enough to have tax records? Someone from Ohio that has a Ohio permit and possibly a pa non res that lands in Monroe suddenly can’t carry and should be denied a right because their LTCF expired shortly after their move? Some of you guys are OK with that?
    I still haven't heard of any instances where Martin has declined someone for a LTCF.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    I still haven't heard of any instances where Martin has declined someone for a LTCF.
    ...Just a few (in this thread alone) where he (and other Sheriffs) has declined to "process" lawfully submitted LTCF applications. :/
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    If by declined you mean a letter of denial, you're probably right. It appears he just refuses to process the application unless all the requirements have been met. Unless you call your rep to have his feet held to the fire.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Monroe County)

Forget it everyone... I asked some people at my job if they'd give me a reference. I got some weird looks (they didn't even know I own guns), but they agreed.

Thanks to the person who offered a reference (your username escapes me right now) but I won't be putting you on the app... It'll be better if my refs have known me longer.

Mods, I'd appreciate it if you'd close the thread.
    Everyone should have an AK-47

(Monroe County)

anyone moving to Monroe?
    Wish the hell we could dump this place and "move out" of this county. Monroe county is a miscreant infested corrupt political fiefdom. Had a couple of legal issues that needed some work and in talking with attorneys down in Bethlehem and Allentown, I got an earful of how bad the legal system was in the Monroe County. Neither of them would even consider taking on a case that involved possibly going to court in Stroudsburg. In my humble opinion, the high handed arrogance of public officials goes from top to bottom in Monroe Country.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    What does the county sheriff have to do with the local jail? I`m thoroughly confused now.
    My understanding is that the Corrections Facility has a board with six members and the Warden and Sheriff Martin is one of the board members. IIRC, a long time ago back when the jail was in the basement of the old courthouse building, I think the Sheriff was in charge of it but I might be mistaken. It all depends on the class of the county which is determined by its size and there are still some smaller counties where the Sheriff is in charge of the jail but Monroe is not one of them.

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE=snakeman21;1147603]Forget it everyone... I asked some people at my job if they'd give me a reference. I got some weird looks (they didn't even know I own guns), but they agreed.

Thanks to the person who offered a reference (your username escapes me right now) but I won't be putting you on the app... It'll be better if my refs have known me longer.
    QUOTE]

that would have been me. good luck with the app!
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast