Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default OHIO - Bill would permit concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

I hope they get this passed. It's such a pain going out to dinner when I am out in Independence for work.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/con...cealed_ca.html
    By William Hershey | Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 05:09 PM

Sen. Shannon Jones, R-Springboro, has introduced legislation eliminating the restriction against carrying concealed weapons in restaurants that serve alcohol.

Senate Bill 239 also would remove provisions that state where a gun must be stored while being transported in a vehicle.

Jones is joint sponsor with Sen. Tim Schaffer, R-Lancaster.

“The decision six years ago to allow law-abiding Ohioans to carry concealed weapons has not turned our state into the Wild West,” Jones said in a press release on Tuesday, March 16.

“It is time to update the law so that it works better. This legislation will improve the regulations for carrying so that they are more straightforward and in line with other states.”

However, Toby Hoover, executive director of the Ohio Coalition Against Violence, called lifting the restriction on concealed weapons in restaurants with alcohol “a little bit ridiculous.”

“This is not what people want,” said Hoover. “It doesn’t have anything to do with gun owners. It has to do with common sense.”

Of course OCAGV is really http://www.ohioceasefire.org/
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: OHIO - Bill would permit concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

[QUOTE=falcn;1143160]“This is not what people want,” said Hoover. “It doesn’t have anything to do with gun owners. It has to do with common sense.”

I guess every other state that allows guns in restaurants and bars has gun fights breaking out every night.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: OHIO - Bill would permit concealed carry in restaurants that serve alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    “This is not what people want,” said Hoover. “It doesn’t have anything to do with gun owners. It has to do with common sense.”
    I guess every other state that allows guns in restaurants and bars has gun fights breaking out every night.
    Yeah, didn't you know that?
    FNX-9 Two-tone