Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Legalization Of Semis In PA For Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I am curious as to why you would oppose this?
    because I hunt in the PA woods and live close enough to "open" hunting grounds to be in range of the dumbasses who don't know what "fire control" means?

I think PA is MUCH more likely to go shotgun only then it is to allow semi
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Signed and posted link in my Gun club forum!

Just think a legitimate reason to own a EBR!

We are behind the times on this, many states allow semi-auto rifles for hunting.
    Toujours prêt

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I am curious as to why you would oppose this?
    I've seen what some folks do once they get in the field with a semi, even in states where semi's are allowed. ..once back in the woods, out goes the 5rnd mag, in goes the 30rd mag - then instead of taking time for a precise shot, they just burp out a few. Not all do, but I've seen plenty do it.

Hell, even bolt, slide/pump, and lever gun guys are guilty of spray&pray/prey(either applies) at times too. Learn to hunt and shoot with 1rd at the ready and you wont need the others.

My issue is more with capacity(or the potential of) and the usage of it than it is the type of action. 1 shot is 1 shot no matter the action, if you make that first one count then there is no need for the others right?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post

1 shot is 1 shot no matter the action, if you make that first one count then there is no need for the others right?
    This is true.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Washington County)

I'm not disagreeing with you at all on that if you can't hit your target, you have NO business in the woods. I have been looking at it from a predator hunter standpoint. Call in multiple predators and only shoot one or have a semi and have the ability to remain on target and find the second target faster. The people who don't like the semis see them as just AKs and ARs. But what about the Remington 7400, Browning BAR, and Benelli R1? Those look just like any other hunting rifle. And I would hope that there would be stronger enforcement of magazine capacity! I would not want to see someone with a 30 rounder. I think maybe max. of 10 rounds to allow for those who want to bring their M1s and Garands to the woods.

Also, much thanks to all those who signed.

I think what needs to happen is they legalize them for predators first and keep them legal for good for predators. After a few years of them being in our woods, they can go back to the legislation and write them in for all game.

(Washington County)

Another thing is that PA is one of only 4 states (I believe) that doesn't allow you to hunt with semis. The ones that do have not experienced the claim that the woods will become more dangerous and more like the O.K. Corral.

How can all those states be wrong and PA is one of the only ones right?
    Because we aren't! Our current legislation was written LONG before these types of rifles were considered common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDQUADaIkE

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyC View Post
    Another thing is that PA is one of only 4 states (I believe) that doesn't allow you to hunt with semis. The ones that do have not experienced the claim that the woods will become more dangerous and more like the O.K. Corral.

How can all those states be wrong and PA is one of the only ones right?
    Because we aren't! Our current legislation was written LONG before these types of rifles were considered common.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbDQUADaIkE
    No other state has the number of hunters / sq mile that PA has.

And anyone that honestly believes it won't turn into the "ok corral" is just deaf on opening morning. How many times do you hear one shot and then no more? 10%? 20%? its extremly rare, which means the shooter had to load a second round and fire again... give them a semi and see what happens. You can already tell when they are using a pump as the rounds fly very fast, with a semi it will be much faster.

also it will be interesting to see the number of people taking the .223 round into the woods with them since their AR can shoot it just fine.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyC View Post
    The people who don't like the semis see them as just AKs and ARs. But what about the Remington 7400, Browning BAR, and Benelli R1? Those look just like any other hunting rifle. And I would hope that there would be stronger enforcement of magazine capacity! I would not want to see someone with a 30 rounder. I think maybe max. of 10 rounds to allow for those who want to bring their M1s and Garands to the woods.

The problem is that a decent AR will shoot circles around the other guns listed......and stronger enforcement of magazine capacity? Why? Why 10 rounds? It would just encourage me to do 2 second mag changes........

Lycanreallythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Wayne County)

I signed up, don't think I will personally use a semi though, old habits die hard.
    Never thought I would be interested in bow hunting until I could use a crossbow either though.

Sorry guys, don't like this idea. I hunt public land and unfortunately, there are too many idiots out there.

I really enjoy pheasant hunting and being pelted with the bbs. Hearing 5-6 shots during deer season. That makes me real comfortable.

I am only just back into hunting after walking out many years ago. I was on stand when another hunter sat on a ridge behind me. Since I am aware of my surroundings, I made sure he knew I was there. That didn't stop him from starting to aim at the doe that walked between us. There are just too many stupid people in this world.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast