Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default carrying on delware canal?

I live right on the delware canal. I'm curious if I am allowed to carry while walking along the path? Anyone know since this path runs through many towns?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: carrying on delware canal?

Isn't the Delaware Canal considered a state park? Roosevelt State Park...

(Montgomery County)

Do you have a NJ Carry Permit?
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    Do you have a NJ Carry Permit?
    whoops just moved to pa. Info changed.

(Montgomery County)

Yes you can. And it is about time. If it were not can you imagine the problems of enforcement? It runs from Easton to Bristol non-stop. So many area's are cut off by the canal. New Hope, Washington Crossing, etc.

(Delaware County)

I think this question is related, but this post got me thinking: this may be similar to what you're talking about, but I was wondering where the PA/NJ dividing line is along the Delaware on I95. Sometimes, my girl and I will drive from our home in Philly out to New Hope for a day of shopping, eating, etc. I've noticed that when driving on 95, I believe a little past the Newtown or Yardley exits (forgive me, I'm not too familiar with that region), all of a sudden I see welcome signs for NJ. The same on the way back, only this time it's "Welcome to PA." I never knew there was a border here, and I've often gotten nervous, since if I'm carrying, it appears there's a brief moment where somehow I've crossed the river with little or no warning signs, and then immediately back again. Is this some weird vortex where drivers cross into NJ, and immediately back into PA on the way to New Hope? If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be grateful, since I don't want to go to jail. Also, I've never seen a NJ state trooper in this area. Makes me wonder if the signs are misplaced. Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    I think this question is related, but this post got me thinking: this may be similar to what you're talking about, but I was wondering where the PA/NJ dividing line is along the Delaware on I95. Sometimes, my girl and I will drive from our home in Philly out to New Hope for a day of shopping, eating, etc. I've noticed that when driving on 95, I believe a little past the Newtown or Yardley exits (forgive me, I'm not too familiar with that region), all of a sudden I see welcome signs for NJ. The same on the way back, only this time it's "Welcome to PA." I never knew there was a border here, and I've often gotten nervous, since if I'm carrying, it appears there's a brief moment where somehow I've crossed the river with little or no warning signs, and then immediately back again. Is this some weird vortex where drivers cross into NJ, and immediately back into PA on the way to New Hope? If anyone can shed light on this, I'd be grateful, since I don't want to go to jail. Also, I've never seen a NJ state trooper in this area. Makes me wonder if the signs are misplaced. Thanks!
    If you get off at the Yardley/New Hope exit you will be in PA. If you have crossed the Scudders Fall Bridge, you are in Peoples Republic of New Jersey (and hopefully you don't have a gun with you). The Border is the Delaware River.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Delaware County)

I know the PA/NJ border is the Delaware River. And I know about the Scudder's Fall bridge, although I must I just recently became familiarized with it after a newspaper article. Its not a bridge like the Ben Franklin or Walt Whitman, where you KNOW you're crossing into NJ.
    The area I speak of is a very narrow point in the river, and unless you're really familiar with that area, I would think it's a spot where someone could perhaps accidentally venture into the PRNJ.
    However, for some reason, and it could just be me mis-remembering, I thought there were "welcome to NJ" signs BEFORE the New Hope exit, since I've noticed them every time I've driven out there, and I'm assuming I'm getting off at that exit to go to New Hope. Sorry, it could be my brain playing tricks on me, but that's just the way I remember it.

(Bucks County)

I am very familiar with that area as I live in Yardley.

The only sign I have seen that says "welcome to PRNJ" is over the bridge about a 1/2 mile on the right.

If you come back into PA the welcome sign is about 1/2 mile on the right.

If in doubt don't carry there. But you are ok if you cross no bridges. No where can you get from PA to NJ without crossing a bridge or swimming.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    I am very familiar with that area as I live in Yardley.

The only sign I have seen that says "welcome to PRNJ" is over the bridge about a 1/2 mile on the right.

If you come back into PA the welcome sign is about 1/2 mile on the right.

If in doubt don't carry there. But you are ok if you cross no bridges. No where can you get from PA to NJ without crossing a bridge or swimming.

We go down that way 2 times amonth to Morrisville to see The fiance's parents and I dont remember ever seeing those signs,.

Plustheo is right unless you cross a bridge or swim you aint in PRNJ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast