Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Humbled by my girlfriend

We went over to the indoor range in Shimersville today because she wanted to shoot her new M&P 9 that i bought her. Now keep in mind this the first time she has fired this pistol or any pistol for that matter. It was like watching a thing of beauty, it was as if she could put the bullet any place she wanted to. So effortless, so easy for her to do. I watched in amazement as she just took me to school with her shooting. The crazy thing was i was so amazed i didn't even feel bad that she kicked my butt, i was more proud than anything. And to my surprise as soon as we left the range to go home she suggested we stop and pick up more ammo for next week!
    I have two guns, one for each of ya.

(York County)

Default Re: Humbled by my girlfriend

LOL... awesome! I remember only a couple months ago watching my wife put 3 rounds from a .22 rifle into a circle the size of a quarter at 100 yds with a 4x scope. Her first time ever shooting that rifle, and 25 years since she shot any rifle.

At 10 yds she handily places at shots from her Beretta .45 into a group roughly the size of the human heart.

I think I remember reading somewhere how easy it is to teach women to shoot because they are able to approach it without the kind of ego that we bring. So they pick it up quickly.

Your experience seems to prove that out.

Consider hanging tightly to the girl, many here would do anything to have one like her!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

That is a spiritual moment, my friend. I expect to walk outside, find the clouds parted, and a beam of sunlight shooting down toward wherever you are currently standing
    Take care, and congratulations
    Dave

(Delaware County)

NICE! My girlfriend is actually starting to get excited about having a gun, so I plan on picking her up a wheelgun in a few weeks. Problem is, I'm afraid that when we go to the range, she's gonna kick my ass at accuracy!

Good on both of you.

wpwp ..........

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    snipped a bit
    I think I remember reading somewhere how easy it is to teach women to shoot because they are able to approach it without the kind of ego that we bring. So they pick it up quickly.
    You have it pretty much right. The girls don't put much ego or machismo behind shooting so they tend to listen to and apply what they are taught. Not what they think they know. At least that has been my experience with teaching women to shoot.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Women tend to be able to pick up shooting sports better because they actually listen to advice given and they have more patience compared to their male counterparts. Guys tend to enjoy just sending lead down range...and at times they do not seem to care if they actually hit their target or not.

I've seen many males in the army that could not shot for crap...pretty scary considering that they could be going to war and they cannot hit their intended target. I've also seen just as many LEO that could not shoot worth a darn as well. I'm not saying all military/LEO, but enough to be concerned.

(Lackawanna County)

There is also bone stricture,there is a difference between male and female, women can lock their elbow naturally where as men cannot,i read that somewhere,it just stuck with me.
    When my daughter[tiger here] and i go to the range,she puts holes in targets where they are supposed to be put,while i on the other hand,hlod the gun,point it down range,gun goes bang,bang,i smile,then we go for coffee.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    There is also bone stricture,there is a difference between male and female, women can lock their elbow naturally where as men cannot,i read that somewhere,it just stuck with me.
    Women naturally hyperextend their elbows. Hold your arm out, if your elbow won't lock, it means that biceps aren't long enough.

The big thing about women, Curmudgeon said, is that they approach new activities without preconceived notions and have no ego involved in it. Women say, "I don't know what I'm doing. Teach me." Men want to show you how much they know and how good they are. That's one reason that I like to teach women. That and they generally smell better.

(Butler County)

Congrats on the new shooter, now you have to practice more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast