Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: I need a garbageman and a cableman

Yes - I suppose I should have mentioned that the blue bins only accept a certain size. The knife idea is a good one. I'm almost certain they're still there - if not there are some down 611 a bit just past Aventis. Only another few miles really.

(Monroe County)

I found the number to the Coolbaugh Township and spoke to them this morning. They said that that I could drop off the cardboard behind the Public Works Building on Echo Lake Road.

(Monroe County)

For 3 Dollars a bag (30 Gal Bag, but they usually charge the same up to 45 Gal) you can take garbage to a transfer station behind Pocono High School West on Sullivan Trail, off Long Pond Rd, Pocono Summit. I think you are supposed to be a Tobyhanna Twp resident but I don't remember them ever checking. They also have recycling bins there. Much cheaper than Waste Management.

Blue Ridge still offers cheap basic cable, non-digital. Their internet service is good too. I worked for them under a contractor for a year when I first moved up here. I use them for internet, Directv for television. Depending on the amount of trees on your property you may not have a line of sight for satellite. Only way to tell is to have someone come out and look.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    For 3 Dollars a bag (30 Gal Bag, but they usually charge the same up to 45 Gal) you can take garbage to a transfer station behind Pocono High School West on Sullivan Trail, off Long Pond Rd, Pocono Summit. I think you are supposed to be a Tobyhanna Twp resident but I don't remember them ever checking. They also have recycling bins there. Much cheaper than Waste Management.

Blue Ridge still offers cheap basic cable, non-digital. Their internet service is good too. I worked for them under a contractor for a year when I first moved up here. I use them for internet, Directv for television. Depending on the amount of trees on your property you may not have a line of sight for satellite. Only way to tell is to have someone come out and look.
    I did go with Blue Ridge Cable. Still thinking about what to do for a Garbage Pick up. If I had a pickup truck I would drop off the garbage myself as you suggested. Perhaps I will get a ATV trailer and use that to haul my garbage out there.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I did go with Blue Ridge Cable. Still thinking about what to do for a Garbage Pick up. If I had a pickup truck I would drop off the garbage myself as you suggested. Perhaps I will get a ATV trailer and use that to haul my garbage out there.
    Quality Waste Disposal - they are 78 bucks a quarter for pickup once a week and recycle every weak, WM was 120 at their last bill for less service
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

tsfa, ive been using DM Palmisano for the past 4 years, and couldnt be happier with thier service, pick up once a week and recycling every other week , 2 garbage cans allowed at 45 gallons each, $3.50 for each adittional bag.

$52. bimonthly.

(Monroe County)

Thanks Dredly and Mrnyman. Can you give me a number to those guys. I will call them and find out if they pick up on RT 196 near the Monroe/Wayne line.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    Thanks Dredly and Mrnyman. Can you give me a number to those guys. I will call them and find out if they pick up on RT 196 near the Monroe/Wayne line.

Quality Waste Disposal & Recycling Service
    Bartonsville, PA 18321
    610-381-2198

pretty sure thats them
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12