Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default I CC a pistol/revolver..I want to try an automatic!

I dont know too much about guns, not even the one i own and carry. but i wanna finally purchase an automatic. can you guys please give me some advice on what a good one for someone that never fired one or handled one.
    thanks!!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: I CC a pistol/revolver..I want to try an automatic!

Where does one start?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhatKitty View Post
    I dont know too much about guns, not even the one i own and carry. but i wanna finally purchase an automatic. can you guys please give me some advice on what a good one for someone that never fired one or handled one.
    thanks!!!
    I can't speak highly enough on a glock 19 for carry. Amazing and reliable semi auto. Imagine the reliability of a revolver in a semi auto package. BUT there is no external safety so you just got to keep your finger away from the trigger and make sure it does not snag on anything. Pretty simple task if you ask me. And if you are a revolver person, as I once was, this safety in the trigger will be nothing new to you. Trust me, can't go wrong with a medium to small sized glock for carry. Good luck in your search.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by cadence2arms View Post
    Where does one start?
    Hi stranger. lol as if i know you. well...i saw an automatic of my friends which i was afraid to touch. it just seemed soo sensitive like it would go off with my clumsy hands just holding it...i didnt like it at all..now i did see an automatic on tv that looked really nice. the guy said it was a glock. now i dont know really what that means, but i know its a type of gun, thats about it. but i really think i can handle that. what do you think? and is it really hard to handle and shoot....(not a rhetorical question, lol).

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by c_brutsche View Post
    I can't speak highly enough on a glock 19 for carry. Amazing and reliable semi auto. Imagine the reliability of a revolver in a semi auto package. BUT there is no external safety so you just got to keep your finger away from the trigger and make sure it does not snag on anything. Pretty simple task if you ask me. And if you are a revolver person, as I once was, this safety in the trigger will be nothing new to you. Trust me, can't go wrong with a medium to small sized glock for carry. Good luck in your search.
    Your amazing!!!! I was literally writing my response to the other person and your message is exactly what im talking about!!! you seriously should see if your psychic, lol!!! i wanna get that gun, but i dont want to seem like a naive yuts. do i just say i wanna test a glock at the gunrange?

(Chester County)

glocks are not for everybody, but they shoot great and are ultra reliable. I would suggest a glock 19 chambered in 9mm. They retail for around 500 range and used for about 450. They have a funky grip angle, some people love it, some people hate it. Imagine your self using your thumb and pointer finger and pointing it is their feel if you ask me. They also, besides no external safety, are pretty safe. If you drop them, they won't go off. They only go off if you pull the trigger. Mine is pretty close to a tack driver at 15 yards.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhatKitty View Post
    Your amazing!!!! I was literally writing my response to the other person and your message is exactly what im talking about!!! you seriously should see if your psychic, lol!!! i wanna get that gun, but i dont want to seem like a naive yuts. do i just say i wanna test a glock at the gunrange?
    yea many ranges let you try them out for rent for about 10-15 bux. As long as 450-550 for a gun is in your price range I would say show an interest in it. If that is a little steep I could suggest others as well, of course they are going to be a little more cheaply made though as well. Also the glocks are amazingly easy to field strip and clean, which is always a big deal to me with guns. Let me know how your search goes.

Ps. We were all naive at one time or another.

You opened a big can of worms! lol! I like,he likes & she likes! Hold on to your seattttttttttt!
    "343" Never Forgotten

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 96D View Post
    You opened a big can of worms! lol! I like,he likes & she likes! Hold on to your seattttttttttt!
    Yes get ready indeed. Your head should start spinning about now!

(Lackawanna County)

LOL thx guys!
    my head is spinning! but im sure i will find what im looking for when i find it, if that makes any sense! im gonna look online at the guns you all suggested so i can atleast see what they look like..but yea im willing to pay to rent a gun at a range so i can feel how it fires and handles for me....ooh does it really matter if i buy used or new too? thx

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast