Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default GREAT SOURCES FOR AMMO

Ok first off, i do NOT work for either site.
    HOWEVER I do wish them the best success as Ive had great experiences ordering from both sites.

www.ammoman.com
    I recently purchased 500 rounds of Lawman 45acp for $170 and 500 rounds of federal American Eagle 357Sig for $160. FREE UPS SHIPPING and they arrived 3 days later.

www.ammunitiontogo.com
    Purchased 500 rounds of Military Surplus Lake City .223 for $160
    Shipping was NOT free but arrived within 3 days.

BOTH places have great deals on ammo and will give quick responses to any questions you may have.

Again, I dont work for either,..but Id like to see them make some $$ and stick around for a while. With ammo prices as they are, and the fact they are expected to go up soon, its become harder and harder for all of us to find decent prices.
    NRA Basic Firearms Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: GREAT SOURCES FOR AMMO

ammunitiontogo.com is great. Their shipping rates are very competitive.

If you are in Philly or surrounding areas, Ammoman is just over the bridge, give him a call and schedule a pick up. Save on shipping.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: GREAT SOURCES FOR AMMO

Depends on what rifle or pistol you're trying to feed, but I've had GREAT success lately, winning some GOOD ammo off of GunBroker.com. It's free to register, and unlike E-Bay, the sellers are REALLY great, or they're GONE. If you don't mind waiting and watching for the bargains (and in major calibers, you can find bargains EVERY day), you WILL beat ammo dealers hands down!

Case in point - I just bought some Barnaul .308 from a GREAT dealer out west, and for a GREAT price ($.35 a round). I turned around the next day, and bought the exact same amount off of a GunBroker seller, for $.33 a round! Shipping was the same, and I saved almost $9!

Time was, when Gun Shows were the way to go on ammo (no shipping costs!), but these days?!?! Everyone's TRYING to make a MINT off battlepacks they've been hording for years. I'm all for the Almighty Profit , but at the same time, I'm not in the habit of spending MORE than I have too!

Bob

Default Re: GREAT SOURCES FOR AMMO

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

Time was, when Gun Shows were the way to go on ammo (no shipping costs!), but these days?!?! Everyone's TRYING to make a MINT off battlepacks they've been hording for years. I'm all for the Almighty Profit , but at the same time, I'm not in the habit of spending MORE than I have too!

Bob
    Yeah i hit a few gun shows recently in hopes of finding some deals but you know what? It was like walking into a giant gun store. Nothing really of any value to me for a decent price. I think the only thing I saw that caught my eye at the last one in Philly was the table with all the hot sauce and one guy selling some AR-15 Mags for $16.00

Seriously. I really didn't find any difference in the pricing of the guns/ammo than what I could find at some local stores. Some tables even had their ammo priced HIGHER than my local shop.
    NRA Basic Firearms Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer

"....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"