Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Looking to trade my 870 and 995ts for an AK, advice?

First off, do you think I even stand a chance at an offer here? What models of AK should I be looking to get in a trade offer? WASR? Chinese?

I have no idea really.

Think anyone will make me an offer?

Please excuse my Noobness on the AK subject. : )

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: Looking to trade my 870 and 995ts for an AK, advice?

It really just depends. I've seen good deals last for weeks or months on here before the right person (i.e. a truly interested party) comes along and wants the gun, ammo, etc. Keep in mind, however, that the chance of someone wanting those 2 exact guns is probably pretty low. They may only want the shotgun for instance. Even if that is the case, you could always trade one gun and add cash to make it an even deal, and then sell the other gun on the side. As for some rough trade values (and this is just from memory, so don't quote me), new Wasrs have been back under $400 for a little while now, Yugos can be had for around $450-500, I haven't seen a Chinese one under $500 in a long time, and I don't keep track of the rest.

If I had a Wasr, I'd definitely trade for your 2 guns. A Yugo? ....Perhaps, depending on what I was looking for. A Chinese? Probably not, but who knows?

Out of curiousity, do you no longer use the 870 and carbine?

Hokkmike Guest

Yeah, put it down in the "classifieds". I would not trade those for a WASR unless you also got cash back and/or a case of ammo in the deal, etc. I think you may get a nibble. I have put a GREAT shotgun up for an AK but got offers of cash instead. (but not quite enough to get the AK I want) Good luck to you!

(Berks County)

My recommendo - sell the 870 and the 995TS outright, then use the cash to pick up a post-ban Norinco MAK-90/91 or NHM-90/91. Best deal in AKMs, hands-down, even after you spend coin on 922R conversion.
    These are the exalted gharāniq, whose intercession is hoped for. LMAO

(Allegheny County)

I would keep the 870 and sell the Hi Point and just buy the AK you want instead. The luck of finding someone who wants BOTH of those AND is willing to give an AK for it...

Are going to be very... very... very small.

(York County)

if the Llama is in 45, and you thriw it in, you might be able to work a trade.

(Northumberland County)

Your better off selling both guns for cash in the newspaper ad -not trade them at the dealer ,cuz the gun dealer is likely to give you 100.00 or more less for each gun. I aint gonna trade no more of my guns in the future to a gun shop, i will place them in the classifieds in the newspaper. For the price of an add i am sure gonna get alot more then trading in an 870 modified and that carbine.

(Monroe County)

Hello:

Just sold a very good Romanian GP1975 AKM that I would have considered swapping for a Remington 870 riot shotgun. It is odd with this stuff in that interest seems to run in specific channels. There appears to be dedicated cults devoted to each type of weapon. Everybody has sentimental favorite guns and trying to find an AK-47 fan to swap for another specie of arm might be difficult.

I tried for some time to swap off an STG58 FAL rifle but could not connect with anybody having something that was of interest to me within FTF distance. Had all sorts of offers, but nothing remotely floated my boat.

Have gotten to the point where I think that it is more expeditious to simply sell a firearm for cash and then go buy exactly what you want.

Good luck!

(Allegheny County)

I would say first read the sticky at the top of the forum ...
    http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/912...uld-i-buy.html

And get an idea of what you want. From there we can help narrow down the suggestions.

I agree with the other posters that you will have better luck selling your guns outright, then buying the AK that you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF