Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opinion

(Cambria County)

Question opinion

I'm in need of another opinion please. Before last Christmas the better half bought me a Smith 19-4 four inch barrel now the same store has a 29-3 six inch. Now I have a Virginia Dragoon 6 inch plus a lever action Marlin in .44 mag. now do I trade the Dragoon for the 29 or keep what I have and get a Marlin lever in .357. Would like to have rifle and handgun in the same caliber, but boy the 29 sure looks nice.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: opinion

why sell anything? i don't what guns you're talking about, but in my experience, you always regret selling a gun later on.

(York County)

If you are a serious S&W collector, and you want one of every series, get the revolver. Otherwise, why get a duplicate of a gun you already own? If you are like me, buying a new-to-you gun is not an every week occurance. IMHO, variety is the spice of life.
    Either way, sounds like you are getting a new gun WOOOHOOO!!!!

(Centre County)

A very tough decision indeed. If it were me, I'd probably go with the Marlin in .357. The Dragoon is a nice gun (I'm assuming it is a .44), keep it and you'll have .44 set and a .357 set.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Monroe County)

I too have regretted every gun I have ever sold....but there are always trade-offs in life.

The S&W model 29 is a great gun! I have both the 29 and the 629.
    Go for it, dude.

Just my opinion.

Chambersburg PA (Pure Appalachia), Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)

Keep what you already have, pinch your pennies and pick up the Marlin when you can. You will not regret holding on.

Flash
    "The life unexamined is not worth living." ....... Socrates

(Lackawanna County)

I'm a huge fan of the S&W K-Frame! And, I am a gigantic fan of the .357 Magnum! When I finally scrape some money together - a .357 lever rifle is near the top of my list of 'must haves' also!

My first firearm was a square-butt Smith Model 13. My primary carry firearm today is a K-Frame Smith Model 65 (see my sig pic). In my opinion, for *me*, these firearms are absolutely *perfect* in every way! Perfect size, perfect weight, perfect balance - and that awesome frikkin' S&W trigger that is just way too sweet!

And the S&W Model 10? (Which, as you may know, is the original K-Frame .38 Special that Smith used to 'model' the Model 13, then the Model 19, on - and then the Model 64, and then the Model 65 and Model 66.) I think more cops across America carried the S&W Model 10, and for more years, than they did all of the other manufacturers, models and calibers (including semi-autos) combined.

...Okay - I don't have anything at all to back that up with, but I bet it's probably true! Last time I checked (a few months ago), Smith still makes the Model 10 .38 Special (w/ the heavy bbl. of course - although, now it has that stupid 'trigger lock' key-thingy).

I simply cannot imagine ever selling any Smith & Wesson K-Frame that I got my hands on - ever! But, as I said - that's just me, of course.
    Cogito, ergo armatus sum.
    ...Say that to my face.

(Cambria County)

Thanks for the input. Think I'll keep the Va Dragoon .44 and look for a 357 marlin. As was said you always miss what you have sold.

(Lebanon County)

that 29 is a carbine in pistol form.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I'm a huge fan of the S&W K-Frame! And, I am a gigantic fan of the .357 Magnum! When I finally scrape some money together - a .357 lever rifle is near the top of my list of 'must haves' also!

My first firearm was a square-butt Smith Model 13. My primary carry firearm today is a K-Frame Smith Model 65 (see my sig pic). In my opinion, for *me*, these firearms are absolutely *perfect* in every way! Perfect size, perfect weight, perfect balance - and that awesome frikkin' S&W trigger that is just way too sweet!

And the S&W Model 10? (Which, as you may know, is the original K-Frame .38 Special that Smith used to 'model' the Model 13, then the Model 19, on - and then the Model 64, and then the Model 65 and Model 66.) I think more cops across America carried the S&W Model 10, and for more years, than they did all of the other manufacturers, models and calibers (including semi-autos) combined.

...Okay - I don't have anything at all to back that up with, but I bet it's probably true! Last time I checked (a few months ago), Smith still makes the Model 10 .38 Special (w/ the heavy bbl. of course - although, now it has that stupid 'trigger lock' key-thingy).

I simply cannot imagine ever selling any Smith & Wesson K-Frame that I got my hands on - ever! But, as I said - that's just me, of course.
    J&G Sports in Throop have 2 lever action .357s that i know of; both are made by Rossi. one was full sized, one was a bit smaller. they might have more on the racks. the ones i saw were around $500-600.
    Last edited by jahwarrior72; March 14th, 2010 at 12:30 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast