Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default LTCF in "Pending" Status from Montco

I went to the Sherrif's office to get my permit and they ran me though PICS. After about 20 mins they told me that my application was pending. I asked what that meant and they told me that it requires more checking. I have one arrest but no conviction and that has caused me problems in the past when I applied for my Missouri permit. I received my MO permit after some additional checking but PA is a different state. Can someone give me an indication of what happens next? The deputies were cordial and told me that they would call me when a decision was reached. Has anyone had a similar experience?

John

(Franklin County)

Default Re: LTCF in "Pending" Status from Montco

Quote Originally Posted by johnotte View Post
    I went to the Sherrif's office to get my permit and they ran me though PICS. After about 20 mins they told me that my application was pending. I asked what that meant and they told me that it requires more checking. I have one arrest but no conviction and that has caused me problems in the past when I applied for my Missouri permit. I received my MO permit after some additional checking but PA is a different state. Can someone give me an indication of what happens next? The deputies were cordial and told me that they would call me when a decision was reached. Has anyone had a similar experience?

John
    Sounds like you been placed in PICS research. If so, the Sheriff is just as in the dark as you are. If you are ultimately denied, you will have the right to appeal (directly to the PSP), and if everything goes through ok, neither you nor the Sheriff will know what caused the delay.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the quick response. I had a feeling that was that was the case as they were getting their information from the State Police. I appreciate your feedback!

John

(Montgomery County)

You're not alone. I was in there today too, around 1:30. After 20 minutes on the phone with PICS I was put into 'research' as well. Knowing I'm not prohibited, I left and stayed in the Norristown area a little while doing some food shopping, hoping for the call to come back in. No call and they're closed now. Hopefully early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Devrbd View Post
    You're not alone. I was in there today too, around 1:30. After 20 minutes on the phone with PICS I was put into 'research' as well. Knowing I'm not prohibited, I left and stayed in the Norristown area a little while doing some food shopping, hoping for the call to come back in. No call and they're closed now. Hopefully early next week.
    Maybe PICS was having some problems today?

(Montgomery County)

Just wanted to give an update to the OP, since we were both put into 'research' on the same day/time. I just got the call from the Sheriff that I'm approved and good to go. Heading down there shortly.

(Montgomery County)

Hey guys i just dropped my paper off at the local police dept. They said it would beforwarded to norristown, what do i need to do call them to see if they received it? then go down with the LTC paperwork? or will they call me?
    thanks for helping a new member out.

(Montgomery County)

Hey gents,

Got a call from the Sheriff's department yesterday and they approved my app. Went down this morning and got the brand spanking new LTCF. Now I gotta go buy a gun

Thanks to all that replied.

John

(Montgomery County)

I would call them first to see if they have received the local check and then head on down to the courthouse if they confirm they have the form. The staff was very courteous and very helpful. A deputy named Mike was very cordial and answered my questions very professionally.

Good luck!

John

(Lackawanna County)

the ones in scranton are always helpful and nice. ive gone for myself and some friends and had great customer service.