Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Venango County)

Default Range Report: PT140 MIL PRO

Well, today I got a chance to go out and put a few hundred rounds down the barrel. Weather was decent enough at least.

Upon first purchasing the weapon, I liked the compact size due to my small girlish fingers. (with no offense to our members of the female pursuasion)

Being chambered for the .40 I was suprised by how little recoil there actually was for being such a light weight fire arm. It is a little more snappy than other calibers, as the .40 generally is. However, due to some feature of the design, the recoil is less than glocks I have shot in the same caliber.

Accuracy was suprisingly good, I didn't save the target, because we used a pennzoil box at about 15 yards. All the shots were consistently in the pennzoil symbol, so I would estimate a 6-8" group. After that, we broke out the other guns, and started tearing it to shreds. But, this wasn't for accuracy, more for reliability.

The slide kept pretty amazingly cool during the whole time (about 200rounds). Granted, not the most important thing. But, just more information in general.

The straight eight sights are a little iffy until you get used to them. But manage to still give you adaquate sight line for aiming.

Tear down for clean up is wasy as pie. For those that don't know how, you have a switch on the left hand side, that flips down, pulls out, and then with a squeeze of the trigger, the slide comes right off. Much better than some of the other guns I have had.

Also, since I found that it feeds, and fires reliably, I carried it the rest of the day. With a generic IWB holster, I didn't even notice anything digging into my side, or any discomfort when sitting down. Coupled with a 10+1 capacity, I have to say I am quite impressed with my "bang for the buck" I got out of it.

The other guns that were fired today include the hi point 9mm, with was just too clunky, and heavy to really be a carry weapon. And a CZ82 chambered in the 9x18. Another fine example of a fire arm, with good characteristics. However, the CZ isn't mine, so alas, it had to stay at my friends house.

All in all a productive day of shooting. Would have taken my marlin out, but we were out behind the barn, and there was still a few feet of snow back there. And fifteen-twenty yards was too far to walk in that much snow. Let alone 150-200.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Range Report: PT140 MIL PRO

I have a pt111 mil pro in 9mm. Love it. However had a bear of a time with the heine straight 8's. ended up getting williams fire sights, much prefered but still had to tweek my aiming. Overall like my pt111. would love to try this design in the .45. And agreed, although the 9mm isn't much recoil, I was surprised at how little it felt given the weight of the weapon.

Default Re: Range Report: PT140 MIL PRO

I currently have a PT111, had a PT745 in the opast and both are nice carry guns that I never had a issue with
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%