Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AIM Surplus

(York County)

Default AIM Surplus

I recently purchased a handgun from Aim Surplus on line.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/

Not a pleasant experience. No email confirmation, no tracking number and no order history on their website. My FFL dealer finally got the gun, but I was not able to track it online as I can with most purchases.

I've ordered many guns from other sites with no trouble at all.

I won't order from AIM again. PM me for more details.

Neil
    Last edited by Emptymag; March 4th, 2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: "Thumbs Down" icon removed from thread title as it is not representative of the overal feel. No changes made to OP.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: AIM Surplus

Not all companies, especially smaller, offer order tracking throughout transportation. Did you try calling them and asking? I'm sure they would have told you if you asked...
    III%

Seriously?

You ordered a product and received it. No apparent complaints about quality, shipping costs, or the other usual e-commerce issues.

You're complaining because you couldn't track it online, and didn't get an email confirming what the website probably told you when you placed your order?

You must be the luckiest web user in history (or there might be OCD involved), if this is enough to generate a complaint. Normal people complain if they get shorted on quantity, if the quality is misrepresented, if they get charged way too much for shipping, if it's shipped to the wrong address.

You're panning a company for the lack of on-line tracking? Wow.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Westmoreland County)

Is there more to the story? Did it take a very, very long time to receive your gun? Did your attempts to contact them fall on deaf ears?

I've ordered many times from AIM Surplus, they are a good company. In fact, I had a quality issue with one of their products, and they answered my email and corrected the problem (on their dime) that very same day. Great customer service.

It is certainly your right not to order from AIM Surplus, but not having the ability to track an online purchase wouldn't be enough of a reason for me to air my aggravation online.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Seriously?

You ordered a product and received it. No apparent complaints about quality, shipping costs, or the other usual e-commerce issues.

You're complaining because you couldn't track it online, and didn't get an email confirming what the website probably told you when you placed your order?

You must be the luckiest web user in history (or there might be OCD involved), if this is enough to generate a complaint. Normal people complain if they get shorted on quantity, if the quality is misrepresented, if they get charged way too much for shipping, if it's shipped to the wrong address.

+1.

AIM Surplus is one of the best in the business for both prices and customer service. Also, I believe that it's their policy to NOT send tracking numbers to firearms purchasers but rather only to the FFL who's receiving the firearms. If you had called or emailed them, I bet they would have told you this.

(Lancaster County)

Aim surplus has some of the best deals on ak mags ive ever seen.they shipped fast as well.
    Gott mit uns

(Bucks County)

I have also ordered many many times from aimsurplus.com and have never had a problem. With every order I also received a " Your order has Shipped" email with tracking info.

It might be different when ordering a firearm because it has to get shipped to a FFL but I am not sure. I have also called them up a few times and they where always helpful

aimsurplus.com is A+++++++ in my opinion

I ordered a Tokarev and a Mosin from them once.

They shipped the day I ordered.

It arrived at AF Boyer 2 days later. Despite having to ship the two items separately, they arrived on the same day. Got calls from both AIM and Boyer.

Later I ordered a spam can of 7.62x25 and a crate of 7.62x54R from them. Got immediate tracking number.

You best believe I'll be ordering from them again in the future.

(Lehigh County)

I've ordered plenty of ammunition from AIM, and have friends who have ordered firearms from them. Nothing but positive experiences with them.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Seriously?

"Seriously?" is right.

This is the worst "complaint" about a company I think I've ever seen.

Funny part about it is that this thread will generate the exact opposite of the OP's intent - POSITIVE feedback.

I've spoken to the folks at AIM on the phone when I've had questions about a product, or my order. ALWAYS professional, and always willing to take the time to answer my question completely, even if I have to be placed on hold in order to get the answer from someone else who can properly address my concern.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast