Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Video recordings

Anyone here record their shoots? If so, what do you use? DVD-cam? Cam Corder? VHS and convert to digital or those 30 second bursts you can get outta quality digital cameras?

Ive got tons of video on HI 8MM but cant figure out how I can get it to *share on the internet* mode.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

(Bucks County)

I've got some of me and my fiancée that I did with my digital camera. Would post her first Full Auto shooting but not sure how to do it. I did find that many at clubs do not like their pictures taken. Any way, something fun to show the kids

What we do (and this may sound wierd to some) but we video each first shot with new guns. OK, so we have a lot of time on our hands LOL

(Lancaster County)

I can understand those not wanting their pictures taken and honestly if I was bebopping around with a camera and just taking pics without knowing for sure it was acceptable "its never implied, one should always ask" I would expect to be wearing my ass for a hat afterwards.

But I generally dont tape at ranges unless its a private event. lol that and ranges dont usually let ya shoot the 25lb propane tanks and bowling balls either lol.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

(Bucks County)

I'll try to post the video on one of my company's web site and link it in the Gun Picture Section, unless we have a way of posting videos???

Plus, there has been a request or two for the "pumpkin" so I need to post that as well.

Back to your videos. There are many places that you can take your tapes to that will tranfer them to CD in various formats (I suggest a compressed AVI or MPEG Format to save space) I know that my mall has a camera store that does it. May be worth your time since a CD should last a life-time and the video tape will fade over the years.

Another option is to hook up your Video Camara (or player) to a computer and burning to a CD. These days, these kind of things are not too hard - just takes time, software and somebody who knows the best way.
    Last edited by phillyd2; March 29th, 2006 at 04:18 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2
    I'll try to post the video one of my company's web site and link it in the Gun Picture Section, unless we have a way of posting videos???
    Unfortuantely I don't think we can cover the bandwidth required to be hosting videos, however I can suggest a service:

http://www.youtube.com/

I've never uploaded a video there myself, but I've watched many that other people have so I can't imagine it's very complicated.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking