Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Truck Driver & Montco CW Permit

Quote Originally Posted by YllwFvr View Post
    What the hell is that?
    There is at least one sheriff (Montgomery county), that "require" LTCF applicants to go to their local police dept. and have a card filled out and then turn that in to the sheriff along with the LTCF app.

The local PD attests to, on this card, that the person has not been in any trouble with that dept.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by egent View Post
    I believe Willow Grove has their own police, so you will need to find someone that has gotten the check card from them to get a better answer. I am in Eagleville and had to go to the Skippack PSP to have mine filled out.
    It's obvious that Montco is just trying to make as difficult as possible. I had to use the Skippack state police as well. That meant i had to drive to the courthouse to pick up an application and local police check form. The state police do not have them. Drop it off at the barracks and drive down to the courthouse a second time when my license was approved.

The check card process for me was just silliness. At the time, the Skippack barracks was not staffed 24/7. I spoke to someone on the lobby phone at some unknown location and was told to just slip the form under the door. I never saw a state trooper. I don't know any state troopers and they don't know me. What value is a form slipped under a door? I could be the biggest ass in the world (There are a few people out there that would support that contention) and still get the form signed off.

I think it is just an intentional speed bump in the process to deter residents from applying.

Quote Originally Posted by scott125 View Post
    ... That meant i had to drive to the courthouse to pick up an application and local police check form. The state police do not have them. .
    I don't support them using this form, but the check card and the LTCF are available online which would have saved you the extra trip to pickup the forms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12