Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CENTRAL PA GROUP SHOOT

Okay, I've decided to take it upon myself to get the ball rolling on the first central PA group shoot. I started this thread as a point to gather some information and get help and ideas from you all and possibly set a date for Shootapalooza 08.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: CENTRAL PA GROUP SHOOT

So I've done a little research and found that state gameland ranges can be reserved for group events. I don't yet know the details or the costs of this, so I will make some calls after gathering some info here. Please bear with me....this post is a little long winded, just trying to get some thoughts down and hear some input

1. I need someone in central pa familiar with PA game lands ranges, or willing to do some recon. Please look at THIS page and if you are familiar with the ranges, or close enough to scout them out, please do so and let me know if they would suit our needs(accommodate at least 100 people and at least 10-20 people shooting simultaneously.)

As of right now, it seems like SGL 176 has the best facilities based off of the details given on the PAGC website(25 rifle firing points and 25 pistol firing points) anyone familiar with this range? SGL 176 is located in Center county, and is obviously the best midway point for easties, westies, southies and northerners.

2. I would probably need some certified ROs to volunteer their time. I'd imagine that calling the Game Commission and trying to set this up will go a lot easier if I tell them that I have X number of NRA or IPSC or IDPA certified ROs or instructors that will be present.

3. After we figure out which SGL will be appropriate, I will contact them and see what dates are open to reserve this. This shoot will be taking place some time in '08, as the ranges cant be reserved October through January. I am thinking anytime late February through May. Once other details are worked out, I will start a poll or two to determine a date.

4. Once I get this ball rolling I will need some input from DanP and the board as to how I go about contacting the Game Commission. They will ask what sort of event/organization it is, and I don't know if it will be appropriate to mention the PAFOA affiliation. I'm not so sure that they will allow me to reserve it for (a bunch of guys/girls that wanna go out shootin) I certainly don't want to act as a representative of PAFOA without permission and/or guidelines.

5. I know that the game lands ranges have some pretty strict rules regarding mag capacity rapid fire etc...I don't know if those same rules would apply if the range was reserved.

I know that post was all over the place, and I've got about a sixpack or so of Guinness in me right now, but again, just trying to get some ideas out and some input from yinz.

Also, if anyone has any better ideas, please, let's hear em.
    Last edited by Justin; September 2nd, 2007 at 12:45 AM.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Delaware County)

The ball has already been rolling, see here:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/centre-50...html#post89005

(Allegheny County)

Yeah, What Bill said.

I've noticed a CRAPLOAD of "group shoot" threads pop up lately...
    While that's GREAT(really!), it can also get confusing.
    The thread titles should each mention the "area" the shoot will be located in the title of the thread. (Just a suggestion)

I think that a central shoot will happen.
    I don't know that it's going to be very easy to organize it "long-distance".
    The locals can and will do it, it will grow, and they will invite the rest of us. (I have spoken. )
    I think it's GREAT that you (Justin) want to get it moving along. Maybe your post will prompt more interest?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

haha. That was totally the guinnes talking last night. I'm not sure what i was thinking, but maybe I was a little Overzealous?
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

(Centre County)

Justin the guinness is good! I'll be at the sept shoot at PMSC so I can talk to you more about it there.

Oh and the shoot were having in sept here in Centre county will definatly be happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Buy a silencer.

Tax: $200
    Cost of effective 5.56 suppressor: $500
    Letting the elderly neighbors sleep in until morning: Priceless.

"132 and Bush I've got him at gun point, OK gun point, 132 and bush, cover is code 3"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Cambria County)

See you on the 16th
    (I hope)
    at Scotia Range 10 AM
    Bring Your Toys
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%