Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: What Size Barrel for my Zombie Gun

Again, I don't know if you mean the real zombies or the imaginary ones.

If you mean real zombies, and you plan on using it indoors, go with the short barrel.

Otherwise, get a street sweeper, 'cuz if'n youz gonna kill zeds, you may as well look like a badass doin' it.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Otherwise, get a street sweeper, 'cuz if'n youz gonna kill zeds, you may as well look like a badass doin' it.
    Or, if the StrulyHTF, grab an AA12...
    III%

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Or, if the StrulyHTF, grab an AA12...
    Go ahead and find one

This isn't Modern Warfare 2....there are no ammo crates in the middle of the street ::runs outside to check::

nope, still waiting
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Allegheny County)

I'd go with the 20" (whats 1.5 inches anyways?). I myself like my 24 inch Remington 1100 with 9+1.
    Last edited by Hawk; February 26th, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Toujours prêt

Mine is an 18.5" and I'm happy with it. That should get you 6 in the mag + 1 in the tube. I looked at a 20" Remington tactical, but it felt a bit too awkward to get on target quickly in a confined space. Your not likely to need more than 7 rounds for a home defense scenario unless you've pissed off a large group of drunken rednecks, or horde of zombies. In which case, it's really best to have a seperate shoty in case of zombie attacks anyway. The one Bruce Cambell used in Army of Darkness gets my vote. It was a double barrel. 20 plus rounds rapid fired with no reload. Can't beat that!

(Lancaster County)

I have a 20in and love it.an if you want the best patterns you can get from a shoter barrel send it to Vang Comp.he did my barrel and it has to be seen to belive how far you can shoot buck with it.hope this helps.crazywolf

(Jefferson County)

It's a trick, get an axe.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
    I have a 20in and love it.an if you want the best patterns you can get from a shoter barrel send it to Vang Comp.he did my barrel and it has to be seen to belive how far you can shoot buck with it.hope this helps.crazywolf
    You wonder how you could do anything to make a shotgun barrel do this. Any ideas?
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    Go ahead and find one

This isn't Modern Warfare 2....there are no ammo crates in the middle of the street ::runs outside to check::

nope, still waiting
    Dood, where THE FUCK is my care package? I threw that smoke like 5 days ago. This is total bullshit. Fucking hackers! Thanks for helping me guard the drop zone though?

Mtbkski, you have a small family of AK's. You don't need a shotgun outside of 20yds. Shortest, lightest, most reliable shotgun you can get your hands on. If the zeds really do hit - cut the barrel down to the original point where the magazine tube cap is, toss the extension in your bag, put on a pistol grip, and voila. Secondary weapon that beats the hell out of a pistol for - instant one shot stops at close to medium range.

Because if crazy infected people are really trying to eat me and my rifle malfs or goes empty at an inopportune time. (which is what you will probably be using 90% of the time.) I don't want to fool with a pistol unless I absolutely HAVE too. There's no way you'll shoot your way out of being overrun by even a small swarm of zeds with a pistol so I view it as a last resort item. And possibly for taking myself out of the game rather than being eaten alive.

My opinion of the ultimate ZED-pocalypse scattergun is probably a cut down 870 like I just mentioned. It would be great if you could reinstall a bead or rethread it for a choke - but that would just be bonus. Better yet would be a Saiga 12 also cut WAY WAY down with a side folding stock. Now convert that to full auto... no need for a care package or AA-12...

I'd give the Saiga 12 the overall win, but for the magazines. Most of them suck, they are expensive and completely uncommon in this country. Without them you have single shot club. While the pump guns will be slower, the internal magazine is a long term benefit.

Well... if you make it that long, or would even want to... so maybe I'll take that Saiga 12 in a 10" barrel and full auto plz thank you?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    You wonder how you could do anything to make a shotgun barrel do this. Any ideas?

Lengthen and hone the forcing cone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast