Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Anyone have aftermarket adjustable Sights on Their Glock?!?!?

So, mine shoots high left. Herd a lot of people have trouble with glock sights. Well I was hoping to do IDPA with my Glock 34, and need new sights! Any ideas?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone have aftermarket adjustable Sights on Their Glock?!?!?

people have "trouble with glock sights" because the stock sights are made out of plastic and are relatively easy to break during hard use (like actually fighting with it or just courses/competitions where you are rolling around in the dirt, maybe banging it against something, etc.)

that is not related to how the gun shoots assuming the sights have not been mangled, though.

many people who are not used to glocks shoot them left. not because the sights are off, though...just because glocks tend to handle a bit differently from 1911s, SIGs, etc. the grip is bigger and shaped differently than what non-glock shooters are used to...and the trigger is different.

the grip angle is different which sometimes causes people who are used to the traditional 1911 grip angle to shoot glocks high at first (whereas i, being a glock shooter almost exclusively, tend to shoot 1911s, etc. low).

i would not assume the sights need to be adjusted unless you are an experienced glock shooter and know it is not you.

it almost always is the shooter, not the sights.

personally, i would recommend replacing the stock plastic glock sights with aftermarket steel night sights. but i would not personally recommend adjustable sights unless you are doing competitive bullseye shooting or something like that...but then i would not personally recommend a glock for that to begin with. (i am a certified glockaholic, but there are better choices for precision bullseye shooting, imho. glocks are for defense and practical shooting like IPSC/IDPA. and for that, you do not need adjustable sights...they are just something else to potentially fail/break/go wrong).

btw, you can adjust the stock glock sights (and aftermarket night sights) for windage by drifting the rear sight left and right.
    F*S=k

I bought these for my G17. I chose fiber optic front with black rear:

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

I agree adjustable sights are not necessary for IDPA. It's really not a precision style of shooting. I think really tight target sights would slow down getting on target.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Montgomery County)

Yep, I agree with pretty much everything LRT posted. I discovered that the factory front sight is complete junk, but the factory rear sight is ok. Regardless, I installed XS Big Dot sights on my G21 and purchased a used G19 that already had these sights installed. Couldn't be happier. They come with everything you need to install them, and remove your old sights. Just realize that these are not for precision shooting, but they are one of the best "battle" sights out there, IMO.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Beaver County)

I used Meprolight adjustable night sights on mine and love them. I got mine installed for 100 bucks out the door.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lawrence County)

For IDPA I use Dawson Precision sights on my G35.

Outstanding.

I use this:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Produ...000-1094593467

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/Produ...000-1094593468

If you reload, you can often need adjustables.....especially if you are loading minor at longer ranges.

Lycan.100frontblade.040fiberthrope
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; February 23rd, 2010 at 07:02 PM.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.