Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Does Delco sheriff still want to call your boss?

Does anyone know if the Delco sheriffs office still calls and ask you for your manager's phone number when you renew a LTCF? They have done this to me the last few times and called him which is very annoying. It is not a conversation I want to have with work, I don't carry there so it is none of their business. As far as I can tell, this is not a requirement of the state.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Does Delco sheriff still want to call your boss?

I submitted my renewal in December and they didn't call anyone. The phone number I gave for work went to my desk.

(Delaware County)

you are self employed, duh

(Delaware County)

I just put down, UNEMPLOYED! Your right, it's none of their business. Employment is not a requirement for a LTCF.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Delaware County)

3 years ago when I first got mine they called my employer and both of my references. Not sure if they still do but IIRC more recent applicants have said no, here on the forum. Do a search here for "DELCO Sheriff", you'll find some interesting reading.

DELCO seems to be cleaning up their act, albeit slowly. They have added a Saturday once a month to pick-up/apply for a LTCF, they made some corrections (but not complete) to a pamphlet they send out and it seems they stopped calling the employer.

I contacted the PA Attorney General about the DELCO Sheriff a few years ago to no avail, was told the Sheriff is not in their jurisdiction.

(Delaware County)

I don't want to lie, I just don't want to answer the question at all. I am thinking of just telling them no but I don't know if they would then decline my application.

What happened to the members who said no?

(Delaware County)

What the hell do they do if you're retired???

O/T: I guess there's nothing that can be done about them overcharging for the license either ($45).

(Delaware County)

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I'm new to PAFOA and I have a question.

I live in Delco and want to get my license to carry, but what exactly does the sheriff ask when he calls your employer and references.

My employer is a little on the hippie, anti-gun, liberal side and I'm afraid if they call, saying ," this is the sheriff's dept, I'm calling to do a background check for Theyoungone's license to carry a concealed firearm" I will probably lose my job.

Also I'm having problems finding two references who are not related to me, who are pro-gun and are low key. I don't want my liberal friends getting all huffy when they realize that when I asked them to be a reference it was for a license to carry a firearm. I don't want my talkative friends blabbing around town that I got a license to carry.

I'll be fine if its a simple call verifying with my employer that I work at that location, and a call checking with my references that I'm not nuts, a drunk or a criminal.

(Delaware County)

When they last called my employer and references they asked something to the effect of "Do you have any concerns regarding Mr. Zephyr carrying a concealed firearm?" I don't remember the exact wording but I know for sure that they did indicate why they were calling. That was a few years ago, I don't know if they still do that.

It really annoys me, my employers are also hippie liberals. I am not allowed to carry at work and I don't so I don't see why their opinion has anything to do with it.

(Delaware County)

I renewed mine last month. No calls to my place of work. Neither of the references I listed called me to tell me they got a call, but that doesn't mean that the sheriffs office didn't call them either.

In the past, they would ask your references if they knew you and if they would be uncomfortable with you carrying a firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast