Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock prices

(Lackawanna County)

Angry Glock prices

Just a rant... :-)

I see people selling Glocks. On here and on GunBroker.com and at shows. They regularly want close to or over $500 for one. And if someone is willing to pay that, fine.

But I can (and you too, I'm not special) walk into Gun Toters in Eynon and buy a brand new one for $500. Of course plus check and tax.

It just gets to me when I see someone asking $525 for a used Glock that someone is going to pay for that, plus transfer and possibly shipping when they can get a brand new one for cheaper.

Of course, not counting night sites or extra things that might be included in a private sale. But if they are the same as stock... or less... that just bugs me.

Rant over.

How's the weather where you are? It's cold here.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Glock prices

Supply and Demand... rant nullified.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Philadelphia County)

something is worth only as much as another party is willing to pay for it.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Allegheny County)

if you can hold out for a little while and spend some time shopping around, usually one will show up for around $400 within a month or so.
    F*S=k

(Bucks County)

what business is it of yours what someone asks for their used glock and why should their asking price upset you????? it's called capitalism and if someone can get 500 bucks or more for a used glock more power to them. funny how some gun owners are all for free markets and capitalsim until it comes to selling firearms then sellers are supposed to sell as low as possible.

(Monroe County)

The fact is you are absolutely right and sometimes when I look in the classifieds think the same thing. The exception would be if it includes a holster, ammo or extra mags.
    AF Boyer by me gets 470 for almost any standard glock.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    what business is it of yours what someone asks for their used glock and why should their asking price upset you????? it's called capitalism and if someone can get 500 bucks or more for a used glock more power to them. funny how some gun owners are all for free markets and capitalsim until it comes to selling firearms then sellers are supposed to sell as low as possible.
    Did you see anywhere where he said it should be banned? It amazes me to. It also amazes me when I`ll haul the same product to Macy`s and to Walmart and people will go to Macy`s and pay 60% more for the same product off the same line built to the same specs because the receipt says Macy`s.

It`s an imponderable.

(Lackawanna County)

what business is it of yours what someone asks for their used glock
    It's not my business. I just don't like seeing people getting ripped off.

why should their asking price upset you?????
    It should? It shouldn't? It does.

it's called capitalism and if someone can get 500 bucks or more for a used glock more power to them. funny how some gun owners are all for free markets and capitalism(FTFY) until it comes to selling firearms then sellers are supposed to sell as low as possible.
    Hey, if you find a sucker that's willing to pay $700 for a used Glock with no extras. Good for you. If I can get to them first and make them aware of your scam, good for me.

I just don't want to see people get ripped off. Would you be ok with paying $700 from a private seller for a product that anyone can walk into a store and buy for $500?

(Allegheny County)

It's pretty simple, if you don't like the price don't buy it. Most used Glocks like the 19/17/23/22 normally sell used for 400.00-450.00 depending on whats included and condition, can even find them cheaper for older ones or ones a little beat up. These same models normally sell new for about 500.00.

Keep shopping there are more Glocks out there than anything else, sooner or later you will find the right deal.

My last Glock I bought was a like new in box G35 at the gunshow for 475.00 out the door, I was happy with the deal.

(Philadelphia County)

Gun prices are not set in stone. Gun sellers, car dealerships, furniture stores, Pawn shops, ect. . . set the price a little higher. Then when the buyer talks down to a lower price, the buyer is glad at getting a better price, and the seller is happy getting what he really wanted in the first place.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast