Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: PAFOA Group Shoot #37, Welcoming SCCC, CCAC Chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    you bought something from shawn?

Good guess. I heard it was from Bear.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    DING, DING, DING!

I bought Bear's Stainless Taurus 1911! Love it!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by roland View Post
    oh, he bought bear's taurus 1911?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Fly View Post
    DING, DING, DING!

I bought Bear's Stainless Taurus 1911! Love it!
    ha, just a tad faster on the submit button than me!

glad you like it. if you bring the ammo, i'll test it out for you...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyWhiteGuy View Post
    ha, just a tad faster on the submit button than me!

glad you like it. if you bring the ammo, i'll test it out for you...
    Damn right you will and don't you go thinking otherwise!

(Venango County)

This sounds like a really good time. I'm going to see if I can make it, because I think it would be great to have a meet and great, and say hi. Not to mention learn more about safe handling, and share some stories.

I just checked, and the 14th is a saturday. I should have no problem making it. I do have a few questions for those of you who have been there before.

1. for my new taurus I only have two 10rd mags. Will that be enough/. I read about the house, and easter island. I want to make sure I won't end up being halfway through and be on empty. I was planning on getting at least one more, but this would just make me do it sooner.
    2. What is easter island? I checked their website, but didn't see any information posted on it. I understand the house, I have seen similar things. And regular ranges, I have been too before. But, I just have no idea what this entails.

I have never attended anything like this, and I think it would be a great experience for me. So I'm going to clear it with the Mrs. so she doesn't have a coniption, and I should be all set.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This sounds like a really good time. I'm going to see if I can make it, because I think it would be great to have a meet and great, and say hi. Not to mention learn more about safe handling, and share some stories.

I just checked, and the 14th is a saturday. I should have no problem making it. I do have a few questions for those of you who have been there before.

1. for my new taurus I only have two 10rd mags. Will that be enough/. I read about the house, and easter island. I want to make sure I won't end up being halfway through and be on empty. I was planning on getting at least one more, but this would just make me do it sooner.
    2. What is easter island? I checked their website, but didn't see any information posted on it. I understand the house, I have seen similar things. And regular ranges, I have been too before. But, I just have no idea what this entails.

I have never attended anything like this, and I think it would be a great experience for me. So I'm going to clear it with the Mrs. so she doesn't have a coniption, and I should be all set.
    Hey Connal. These shoots are on the second sunday of each month. So either our date is wrong, or you looked at a wrong calander. Because it is held on a sunday.
    The house may or may not be set up for this shoot. You'll need to keep checking the thread to see if someone is going to run it. Which basically means be range officer for the stage.
    As for the Easter Island bay, it is set up to be something different, every month. We never duplicate a stage at the EI bay. At this point in time, I can't tell you what we have in mind for this stage for this month, as we haven't figured it out yet.
    As for your mags, that should be enough. Lately we've been keeping the round count low, so it's not to expensive. But we've done stagest that required from 30 to 50 rnds to complete. And some as few as 5, when we did a bowling pin shoot. Oh, we're not counting the turkey shoot.
    It's a great shoot. You can even bring your wife if she lets you. Just have sign up on the forum and post here in the thread, Hey, I'm comin' to the shoot.

(Venango County)

You know Roland, house or no house, it sounds like a great time. I can see about bringing her, but she works strange hours (runs a restaurant) and even if she has the day off, sometimes she has to go and fix things. I'm going to pick up another mag anyways, one of the ones that came with my new toy rattles when it is fully loaded. And I can't see a screw to take it apart. Want to make sure I have a spare in case I have to send it in. As for the day, the calendar was right. . . I just wasn't paying attention to which "S" was which I guess lol. Still sounds like a blast though, any day of the week. I'm currently out of a job, and I have plenty of time on my hands.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    You know Roland, house or no house, it sounds like a great time. I can see about bringing her, but she works strange hours (runs a restaurant) and even if she has the day off, sometimes she has to go and fix things. I'm going to pick up another mag anyways, one of the ones that came with my new toy rattles when it is fully loaded. And I can't see a screw to take it apart. Want to make sure I have a spare in case I have to send it in. As for the day, the calendar was right. . . I just wasn't paying attention to which "S" was which I guess lol. Still sounds like a blast though, any day of the week. I'm currently out of a job, and I have plenty of time on my hands.
    It's not to unusual for mags to rattle when a certain number of rounds are loaded (typically the max or one less). The floor plate of most mags slide off after depressing a "catch".
    Toujours prêt

(Butler County)

MP5 pistol in the Shoot house? Is it allowed? Semi of course!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast