Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Chester County)

Default Hit piece on new State Park Law in Local paper

This morning, our local paper ran a front-page story on the potential effect of the new Federal State park law on Valley Forge National Park.

http://www.dailylocal.com/articles/2...0007659947.txt

Here are the most noteworthy exceprts:

"And starting Monday, visitors to Valley Forge can emulate those soldiers in more ways than just standing around in a cold, snowy field. As they walk its trails and visit its monuments, tourists will be allowed to carry guns — handguns, rifles, shotguns and AK-47s."

and the punchline:

"And what if they encountered a visitor on the park trail carrying a gun?

"I'd leave," said Skarbowski.

"I'd be like, honey, we're going now," Keefer echoed. "It would make me think I was out in redneck country."

I spoke to a Park ranger this morning to get his perspective. He confirmed that the new Federal law only means that PA state law will be in effect in the park. This means that open carry is allowed and concealed carry requires proper licensing.

He also indicated that some local groups will exercise their right to carry openly starting Monday. As a gun owner and CCW licensee, I think that is a terrible idea and urge anyone who has plans to do so to reconsider. We fight very hard to keep our right to bear arms legal and recognized. Flaunting this right in the face of people who do not agree only reinforces their negative opinion of gun owners and is counterproductive.

I hope these groups and individuals will recognize that this only hurts our cause and galvanizes anti-gun advocates and those on the fence. Enjoy your newly recognized right to carry concealed on park grounds but, PLEASE, don't strap your AR-15 to your back for a stroll in the park.

Molon Labe.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Hit piece on new State Park Law in Local paper

Quote Originally Posted by foudufoot View Post
    He also indicated that some local groups will exercise their right to carry openly starting Monday. As a gun owner and CCW licensee, I think that is a terrible idea and urge anyone who has plans to do so to reconsider. We fight very hard to keep our right to bear arms legal and recognized. Flaunting this right in the face of people who do not agree only reinforces their negative opinion of gun owners and is counterproductive.

I hope these groups and individuals will recognize that this only hurts our cause and galvanizes anti-gun advocates and those on the fence. Enjoy your newly recognized right to carry concealed on park grounds but, PLEASE, don't strap your AR-15 to your back for a stroll in the park.

Molon Labe.
    Oh I'm sorry, does someone not want to be offended by the sight of an AR-15? While you roll over and let public opinion dictate your rights others will challenge the status quo. If everyone was afraid to commit a faux pas than the advancement of rights would get nowhere in this country. The fact that it's even gotten to the point where concealed carry can become a "newly recognized right" in certain areas is disgusting as it should have always been considered a natural right in the first place. Open carry, when approached with the understanding that it is a faux pas and that the sheeple need to be educated can be very productive for the advancement of second amendment rights. If you're a jackass about it then sure you'll reinforce negative opinions, but if you're not a jackass then people are much more willing to listen and learn.
    Last edited by IronSight; February 21st, 2010 at 02:10 PM.

(Chester County)

Plenty of folks, ironsights. That's precisely my point. There is a time and a place for everything.

(Lackawanna County)

Plenty of folks, ironsights. That's precisely my point. There is a time and a place for everything.
    open carry isn't flaunting.

open carry while swinging my dick outside of my pants and wearing a neon sign pointing to said penis while riding a unicycle, followed by a dancing bear? that might be flaunting.

if you don't like it, move to NJ. no one will be open carrying in their parks. in fact, no one will be carrying, period, unless they're a criminal. so, there's no chance of offending the delicate sensibilities of the bleeding heart anuses you're so worried about.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post

open carry while swinging my dick outside of my pants and wearing a neon sign pointing to said penis while riding a unicycle, followed by a dancing bear? that might be flaunting.

if you don't like it, move to NJ. no one will be open carrying in their parks. in fact, no one will be carrying, period, unless they're a criminal. so, there's no chance of offending the delicate sensibilities of the bleeding heart anuses you're so worried about.
    I'm not worried about their sensibilities, tough guy. I'm worried about the flaming anuses who can't keep their penises in their pants or their brains engaged. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Have a nice day.

(Lackawanna County)

I'm not worried about their sensibilities, tough guy. I'm worried about the flaming anuses who can't keep their penises in their pants or their brains engaged. Sorry if I offended your delicate sensibilities.

Have a nice day.
    well then, according to you, black people should avoid going to national parks, since their presence may cause concern, and frighten overly fearful whitefolks. maybe i should stay out of the sun, since being tan and good looking is flaunting my ethnicity.

(Monroe County)

Talking Re: Hit piece on new State Park Law in Local paper

well then, according to you, black people should avoid going to national parks, since their presence may cause concern, and frighten overly fearful whitefolks. maybe i should stay out of the sun, since being tan and good looking is flaunting my ethnicity.
    i just tried to rep jah, but it says i need to spread the love some more
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

(Montgomery County)

Question Re: Hit piece on new State Park Law in Local paper

Rep ? ...whatz dat ?!

(Lehigh County)

So when and where should people open carry? I'd love to know your answer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    So when and where should people open carry? I'd love to know your answer.
    Everywhere and all the time. :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast