Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Looking to buy my first AK...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    PICTURES... PICTURES.... WE WANT PICTURES.....
    I second that.

No pics=BS post.

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Can someone PLEASE make a "Which AK" FAQ and sticky it?
    I actually thought I tried that once, sometime last year. And with the suggestion to make FAQs or stickies or whatever on the subject.

Not that I'm an AK guru or anything, but this SAME stuff gets asked at least once every 7-8 days here.

Same for ARs - and WE all know what happens when THAT questions gets asked...

Trolls? Who knows. Shit might stop if folks would ignore these posts.

The OP'ers can use a PC - then they can google for the 9-billion AK forums on the net - all of which have answered these SAME questions over and over in the "General Discussion" subforums they all have.

Whatever.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    I actually thought I tried that once, sometime last year. And with the suggestion to make FAQs or stickies or whatever on the subject.

Not that I'm an AK guru or anything, but this SAME stuff gets asked at least once every 7-8 days here.

Same for ARs - and WE all know what happens when THAT questions gets asked...

Trolls? Who knows. Shit might stop if folks would ignore these posts.

The OP'ers can use a PC - then they can google for the 9-billion AK forums on the net - all of which have answered these SAME questions over and over in the "General Discussion" subforums they all have.

Whatever.

Considering your stompin the guts out of a new guy I feel posts like this should earn you and the other two an infraction.

Dont like the topic=MOVE ON!

They have all been discussed many times before, if you cant handle it and feel the need to throw a tantrum the "Net" might not be your thing.

Attached Images Attached Images

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Dont like the topic=MOVE ON!
    Doesn't anyone's mother teach them that "If you can't say something nice. Don't say nothing at all", anymore.

If you don't want to be helpful, don't say anything negative. Just go to a different thread. (Cue song "Dont worry, be happy")

Rmember.... we all represent the "pro gun" folk that are supporting each others rights to keep and bear arms and welcoming newcomers to this site.

And any thread on AK's Rule.....
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Philadelphia County)

I welcome any and all to the forum and also welcome them to use the search function.

Having a handful of nearly identical active threads makes things stagnant eventually ends up driving knowledgeable and helpful members off the boards. I don't mean any of this as a slight to a new member but as a suggestion for a better forum. Many of us have answered the most typical questions dozens of times. Why not just have a sticky so those answers are readily available to whoever asks the same questions in the future?

(Allegheny County)

HELLO BOARD COPS! Not once did I attack the OP for asking!

Clearly some of you do not frequent other boards where such posts are QUICKLY attacked with "Use the search function its been asked before".

I spoke in GENERALITIES - like Yes, this same question is asked repeatedly - and should be stickied or FAQ'd.

That said, does anyone aside from my paranoid, tin-foil wearing self wonder why same/similar questions keep getting asked every week?

That's why I was -

IN GENERAL - suggesting trolling.

Nothing spells a good giggle than asking PAFOA Which AR should I buy, Which AK should I buy... Then stand back and watch dozens of folks who like to hear themselves type reply again and again and again every 7 days that it is asked.

Sheesh.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lehigh County)

Really guys? You're going to argue over this? I apologize for not searching, but starting a fight about it? C'mon, go to the fridge and grab a hiney.

PS- These mags suck a$$. Chinsy plastic and wobble.

(Lehigh County)

PPS- If you guys get your panties in such a bind, why dont the moderators close the threads and explain in the thread why it was closed that no body wants to help you on your dead horse topic.

Really? If you don't want to see it, don't click the thread link. Simple as that.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    HELLO BOARD COPS! Not once did I attack the OP for asking!
    No not board cops. Just hate to see someone getting mad cause a NEW guy posted something that was posted before.

If it bothers you. You just don't have to open the thread. Those of us that are willing to help the new guys... we will answer the same stupid questions over and over again.

Clearly some of you do not frequent other boards where such posts are QUICKLY attacked with "Use the search function its been asked before".
    Yep, and I was the new guy that got hammered and yelled at. And you know what. I no longer hang out there. Just like you.... your here and not there.

I spoke in GENERALITIES - like Yes, this same question is asked repeatedly - and should be stickied or FAQ'd.
    No emotion in typed print. That is one problem. You can't tell if I'm laughing while I type this or if I'm mad and being a cynical A-hole. You can only read it and you have to decide which it is.

That said, does anyone aside from my paranoid, tin-foil wearing self wonder why same/similar questions keep getting asked every week?
    Cause this great site doesn't tell new people to quit asking the same questions. Cause we take the time to "personally" answer them. He doesn't have to read about something that was discussed a year ago, or last week. He gets "his" question answered by guys that want to answer it. If you don't want to answer or are tired of answering. You don't have too. Someone else will be along to help the new guy.

And I personally hate the search feature on this site. Can't find stuff that I posted. Let alone on something I have a specific question about.

Sheesh.
    That is what I say every time someone takes the time to "write" an answer that tells us all how they are tired of writting about this.

Hugs and kisses to all.
    Last edited by Mtbkski; February 23rd, 2010 at 11:34 PM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willie D View Post
    Can someone PLEASE make a "Which AK" FAQ and sticky it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo View Post
    I might just do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geofri View Post
    I would love to see that!
    Here is my first attempt:

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/912...uld-i-buy.html

I plan on working on one more.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast