Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Thumbs up The Committee As A Whole

The One Gun A Month Bill was debated and denied once again by the committe as a whole. Rep. Myers from Philadelphia then proposed a bill that would limit the "one gun a month" to the city of Philadelphia.
    I'm happy to report to our Philly members that it, TOO, was voted down.

(Philadelphia County)

After reading the philly.com article on the votes I've gained a lot of faith in our legislature as a whole, and am especially happy that representatives from other parts of the state will not allow Philly to pass their own gun laws. It's nice to see people from around the state rallying to protect people who are not even their constituents.

One guy who stood out was Representative Daryl Metcalfe from Butler county who was very vocal in his support of gun owners. I sincerely hope our members in Butler county can thank him by helping him out when election time comes around.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Chester County)

I am from NY like I always tell people here. In Ny these things would have passed. NYC can make it own laws. permits for handguns that are issued out side of NYC are not valid in NYC. I hope this continues and the antis dont get a foot hold. god bless this great commonwealth.

(Washington County)

I hope everybody remembers at election time, Swann is our man for Govenor!
    rendel is anti-gun.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lougotzz View Post
    I am from NY like I always tell people here. In Ny these things would have passed. NYC can make it own laws. permits for handguns that are issued out side of NYC are not valid in NYC. I hope this continues and the antis dont get a foot hold. god bless this great commonwealth.
    Now if only all the folk moving here like you and I were of similar mind
    I grew up in CT and moved to PA for the simple reason that its still what I'd call old fashioned America....community abounds and I was careful to select a town not likely to be ruined in the next 50 years. I saw CT ruined by the "yuppie generation" and I am adament about protecting PA. I respect the tradition and mindset of native Pennsylvanians and am assimilating to it rather than try to change it... as many transplants try to do.
    I could have moved anywhere else but honestly believe PA to be the Greatest State in the Union...diverse, respectful, reasonable, patriotic!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Chester County)

I agree 100%. I left the sh!t behind. I didnt want to polute this great commonwealth. I left NY because it was sh!t....