Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: help w/ assembly S&W

he says not to take them apart, but i to clean them, the smith and wesson was caked with fouling. im a responsible adult so its not like im playing with his guns and be being foolish, just trying to help him out and take care of his guns.

Default Re: help w/ assembly S&W

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    he says not to take them apart, but i to clean them, the smith and wesson was caked with fouling. im a responsible adult so its not like im playing with his guns and be being foolish, just trying to help him out and take care of his guns.
    Den,

You should look into buying some disassembly books, there's a great series that targets Shotguns, Handguns, Rimfires and Rifles and cover a pretty large chunk of most of the guns commonly encountered out there. You can search for: The Guns Digest book of Firearms Assembly/Disassembly. I know Amazon use to sell them and I've seen for sale at gunshows.
    The Internet is another great source as I'm sure you are well aware of already.

There is a Gun Forum out there strictly for S&W that if all else fails..try asking some questions there. And of course you should be able to download a owners manual from S&W website.

The design and mechanics of Firearms is very intriguing to most of us on here, hopefully it will help with other things mechanical you will encounter in life, that is once you have a good understanding of how and what makes them work.

Good Luck

TJB
    Recoil Happens

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12