Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default national park carry

Forgive me if this has been addressed already, but the law that goes into effect Feb. 22 which allows carry into national parks in states like PA, where carrying is legal, is this specifically for CC or can you OC as well? Since OC is legal PA, and the feds are basically deferring to state regs, am I right to assume OC would be OK? Of course a place like Philly is different, since we need an LTCF to OC here regardless, but in a place like the historic district, where we would now technically be allowed to carry on the streets within the park district's boundaries, (federal building's, like Independence Hall, are still off limits as I understand it), would OC be OK? Thanks for any clarification.
    J.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: national park carry

However you can carry in Pennsylvania is now how you'll be able to carry in Pennsylvania's national parks/historical sites/battlefields/whatever they're called. The NPS website here spells it out: http://www.nps.gov/nero/firearms/PA/index.htm

The law governing possession of firearms inside a national park changed on February 22, 2010.

Visitors may possess firearms within a national park unit provided they comply with federal, state, and local laws.

The role of the responsible gun owner is to know and obey the federal, state, and local laws appropriate to the park they are visiting.

Please remember that federal law prohibits firearms in certain park facilities and buildings. These places are marked with signs at public entrances.

(Delaware County)

Thanks! Great to have that NPS site marked in my favorites.
    Sorry for being redundant here, (I think I need sleep), but a place like the Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site, I'm assuming it's off limits since it's a house? I've never been there, always wanted to go, and it's just blocks from where I live. But I wasn't sure on carrying there. I'm going to assume since it's technically a building, it's off limits. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyec View Post
    Thanks! Great to have that NPS site marked in my favorites.
    Sorry for being redundant here, (I think I need sleep), but a place like the Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site, I'm assuming it's off limits since it's a house? I've never been there, always wanted to go, and it's just blocks from where I live. But I wasn't sure on carrying there. I'm going to assume since it's technically a building, it's off limits. Correct?
    It's not a Nat'l park, it is Fed property, that is staffed, no carry...

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the clarification. Now it all makes sense. Gee, I really need bed now ...