Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default federal Real ID Act of 2005

From, Rep. Sam Rohrer

Dear Friend,

It has been sometime since I last updated you on some recent issues surrounding your rights and freedoms as Americans. This last month I distributed a newsletter to many in my district detailing one of the most subtle yet dangerous pieces of legislation to be enacted in our country. I'm talking about the federal Real ID Act of 2005.

If you are like many, you may be unaware that this legislation exists or what it intends to accomplish. In short, this federal legislation establishes national standards to standardize all state-issued drivers' licenses, requires all motor vehicle departments to keep copies of personal identity documents and will force states to link their databases of individual driver information. But the Real ID Act does not stop there. The act allows the Department of Homeland Security to mandate additional requirements for drivers' licenses including the collection of biometric data (fingerprints, retinal scans, etc.) as well as the placing of radio frequency identification (RFID) chips in every American's driver's license.

Clearly, this act is something that every American should be aware of and actively fighting against. When such diverse groups as the Gun Owners of America and the American Civil Liberties Union oppose a policy, there is good reason for all citizens to explore the issue more. I encourage you to click here to read my Real ID newsletter.

There is much at stake, including your gun ownership rights. Please take a moment to become informed about this important issue and learn what you can do to stop it.

Sincerely,
    Rep. Sam Rohrer

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: federal Real ID Act of 2005

May 11, 2008 officially goes on line nation wide, the only thing that is delaying it is feds coughing up money for states to implement it, wave the magic cash carrot and the most of the hold out states will do it as well.

Rep. Sam Rohrer - sure is glad he is in Harrisburg. nice guy to chat with also.

(Berks County)

Default Re: federal Real ID Act of 2005

Closing this thread; see here:
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/lounge-10...o-hoo-not.html

Will copy your post to the above thread.

-CR
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas