Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Exclamation Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Remember the late night pay hike the legislators gave themselves in 2005...
    Who was the first to cry foul?
    Who started PACleanSweep and at least got some of the blotted voted out?
    Forgive me for the intrusion, I just wanted to reach out to everyone out there to encourage you to seriously consider supporting Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor in the May 18th Republican primary.
    I know many of us are turned off on all things related to politics. We either stand up and support those who stand up for us, or be happy with the same old sh*t.

Please visit www.russdiamond.org and do the research.

If you agree, please help spread the word.

If you disagree that's ok too. This is still the USA, and for now we can still think for ourselves.

Thanks,
    JD
    Wyomissing
    Last edited by h82lose99; February 18th, 2010 at 07:26 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

I see nothing in his website that has to do with guns... What would his stance on any of the gun issues be? ie: OC, CC, Assault Weapons Ban, Gun crime, Self defense, Philadelphia and municipalities making up illegal laws etc...
    Last edited by bige64; February 18th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Nice website...but really only pushes three topics, which I'm fine with. At core, I can see that 2A issues are not a problem with this guy. If he's what he says he is on his website that is.

(Berks County)

He fully supports the 2nd Amendment.

Send him an email and ask. Gun rights aren't the biggest problem in PA and there's only so much room on a website.

But thanks for at least looking into him.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by h82lose99 View Post
    Gun rights aren't the biggest problem in PA and there's only so much room on a website.
    Well you did post on a gun forum... and as far as im concerned gun rights guarantee the rest of your rights.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Lebanon County)

"The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

- PA Constitution; Article I Section 21

I think this language is pretty clear and unambiguous. Not sure why anyone thinks any different.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RussDiamond View Post
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

I think this language is pretty clear and unambiguous. Not sure why anyone thinks any different.
    Ah, but the devil is in the details, which is what most folks around here will be concerned with.

I know many of us are turned off on all things related to politics.
    Au contraire, people on this forum are among the most politically active and involved of anyone I know.
    Blessed are they who, faced with danger, think only of the front sight. -- Jeff Cooper

(Beaver County)

Russ,

I'd like to thank you for visiting us. The reason I bring up such questions is we've all heard the same thing from just about every politician.

In light of the quotation of PA Constitution; Article I Section 21, Will you do everything in your power to repeal all unconstitutional laws referring to the PA constitution.

I know what Article I Section 21 means but apparently it hasn't been construed clearly enough for those that want to fight against it. Every gun law on the books in the state of PA is unconstitutional.

What will you do for us gun owners?

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

After the first reply to my posting last evening, I sent Russ an email.

The man, in less than 18 hours mind you, joined PAFOA and replied.

That speaks volumes to me. You just don't get that from the run-of-the-mill lifetime politicians.
    (oh, yeah, he answered my email too).
    Eventually, we need to take the Country back, this is a great time to start.

Spread the word!

(Allegheny County)

Remember the late night pay hike the legislators gave themselves in 2005...
    Who was the first to cry foul?
    Who started PACleanSweep and at least got some of the blotted voted out?
    Forgive me for the intrusion, I just wanted to reach out to everyone out there to encourage you to seriously consider supporting Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor in the May 18th Republican primary.
    I know many of us are turned off on all things related to politics. We either stand up and support those who stand up for us, or be happy with the same old sh*t.

Please visit www.russdiamond.org and do the research.

If you agree, please help spread the word.

If you disagree that's ok too. This is still the USA, and for now we can still think for ourselves.

Thanks,
    JD
    Wyomissing

Only going to relate this post from the firearm / constitution perspective since this is a firearm site.

ALL this is my own opinion and from my experience being in the trenches, seeing many of these thing this first hand happen, you are entitled to your views and opinion but I will ask you to be extremely cautious when someone advocates, some of the extreme and over the top measures that are advocated by Russ Diamond and some of the people he is associated with in the background that is promoting quick, and supposed, ‘easy’ way fix things by a Constitutional Convention (con / con).

I remember, all of this money magically coming out of no where and flowing into PACleanSweep coffers that used all the cash to high jack the public outrage by people against legislators that voted themselves a pay raise.

Since NOTHING in Harrisburg ever moves without the help and support of leadership in BOTH parties, you would think that PACleanSweep would have targeted all of the ringleaders in leadership positions to send a message; they were NOT the main targets. It was well known that the cabal of leadership in the House-Senate-Executive-Judicial branches hatched this pay raise fiasco. YET they faced NO consequences for their actions for fast tracking the pay raise legislation NOT even a peep from PACleanSweep about leadership, why was that?

Problem was some of the legislators victimized by PACleanSweep’s ‘Call for Change’ actually voted against the pay raise and, in some cases, were the same Reps who actively worked to lead the charge against and to repeal the pay raise, guess what many of these same Reps were “A” rated solid pro gun Reps.

On to the Con/Con – there all kinds of problem with Harrisburg and corruption, lots of WAM money (i.e. taxpayer money) being thrown around everywhere, leadership holding hostage Reps that don’t play ball with the good ole boy club by withholding money for offices, staff etc . Mostly all that exists in Harrisburg because of voter apathy and ignorance / lack of education of the details the why the numerous problems exist that has been going on for decades. Then in the 60’s the proponents of a Constitutional Convention said we ‘NEED’ this to solve the corruption, and influence peddling running rampant in PA. What did we get? A full time legislature and even MORE corruption and drain on taxpayer monies and now we are told that to fix the problems we have ‘now’ (just like the last time) we need another Constitutional Convention. Promoters of this act as if ‘success’ is guaranteed and that nothing can go wrong but this IS a two way street and what IF something (more likely than not) DOES go wrong?? Will THEY hold themselves responsible and accountable? Who will pay the price for THEIR arrogance? I can tell you that it will be YOU and I and our children who will pay the price!

Much like someone who has over eaten for many years, doesn’t exercise and now are bloated, lazy and apathetic because they are 300 pounds over weigh in bad health. It is was no single bad choice that has lead to this condition, it a long chain of bad choices, but like that individual that won’t go the task of fixing why the bad choices were made, by working hard to change their lifestyle that lead to this condition, lets look for a quick fix to solve the problem with snake oil salesmen’s magic.

Lets nuke the PA constitution with a con / con, with a total rewrite option including changing the article one section 21 if the power that are running the show want it.

All the crap that is written about how the scope can be limited by the enabling legislations is total Bravo Sierra, looks good on paper, sound great to the uninformed, its not legal, it doesn’t follow Robert rules of order, nor constitutional historical precedents and the founding fathers warned us how easy this ‘should be a tool of last resort’ when they used it to write the current constitution supplanting the Articles of Confederation.
    All the leadership of the Con/Con has do if they want, is suspend the rules, and they can do anything they want behind closed doors.
    After all how would you know??
    Are YOU going to rely on the same media owned by powerful people that are not pro gun and lie about gun ownership?

Next we hear how all the noble intentions of everyone that will be serving as delegates on the con/con, who among us can afford to take off 5 or 6 months or up to a year doing this out of our own pockets? Yea it will be full of the same political hacks, all with agenda looking to their way for a quick fix to their little issue that they don’t like about the current Constitution that limits what powers the state government can directly exercise over your lives who will serve as delegates and maybe a token constitutional scholar. You know the same ones that can’t understand the clear intent in the existing constitution and who don’t think the average citizen (who THEY are supposed to work for) should allowed to own firearms without reasonable and common sense restrictions.

Anyone EVER READ the detailed list of what’s wrong with the current constitution, item by item section by section, that couldn’t be corrected by the amendment process where you get to vote. O yea it has to go through all kinds of public scrutiny and takes lots of time and they have to rationalize why the changes are needed to the majorities satisfaction and you the voters get to vote on the ballot in the end to say yes or no. Instead of that lets nuke the current with a con/con, let’s go behind closed doors in secret meetings and just TRUST us, sound familiar?

The proposed legislation is on line and when you read the letters by the supporters such as Russ Diamond that say how wonderful and perfect the con/con bill is and then next session it has big re-write because opponents like me had valid objections they couldn’t over come.
    Now they claim this version is better?
    What? The last one was perfect according to these so-called experts and now we are told this version is better. There is an OLD trick in politics in that you keep writing and rewriting legislation ‘until’ you get it to a level that you can manage the dissatisfaction easily.

Could it be possible that the advocates of this are useful idiots being played by the power brokers behind the scenes who want any kind of con/con because the main goal is to take out parts or rewrite section 1 article 21 or everything else they want?

Does anyone seriously believe that if there is a con/con that we could get more, better or strong firearms rights? Because if you do you are living in fantasy land and you haven’t notice that none of the rides are moving and the park is closed

Now if some politicians can’t and won’t obey their oaths to support, obey, and defend the constitution as written NOW why would someone think that they will obey the next constitution any better?

We don’t have a real problem with the current constitution, we have a lack of all of US exercising our responsibility, as Citizens, on holding the elected officials accountable for their actions at all levels, and NO amount of re-writing the current constitution or any documents will deal effectively with Citizens apathy, ignorance, understanding or lack of direct involvement with all levels of the political process. People can’t continue to be free and ignorant.

Would you buy a car from a used car salesmen who shows you a particular car and then swaps it after you sign a binding contract?

WHY would you EVER support someone running for office that raises their hand, willing takes a solemn oath to support and defend the constitution as written and part of his campaign promise is to if you elect them they are telling you they will actively work to change the constitution they just take a oath to up hold?

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast