Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    Thank you for coming back and clearing some things up for us. Greatly Appreciated. If you really believe what you say about Art I Sec 2 please put it on your website, just dont tell a bunch of gunowners you support it. It's like obama telling PA how great we are then going to a "richie" convention and crapping on top of us saying we are all a bunch of gun toting idiots.
    ^^^^^^^
    What he said.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    Thank you for coming back and clearing some things up for us. Greatly Appreciated. If you really believe what you say about Art I Sec 2 please put it on your website, just dont tell a bunch of gunowners you support it. It's like obama telling PA how great we are then going to a "richie" convention and crapping on top of us saying we are all a bunch of gun toting idiots.
    It's there, on the Issues & Positions page.

(Clearfield County)

As we all know, most politicians would rather give statements that can be interpreted in many ways ("common sense gun laws" is a great example) rather than give definitive answers to specific issues that may turn off some voters, therefore I think it's great that a candidate has taken the time to address and clarify things with a group of people by replying on this forum. It shows a true interest in communicating his views with potential voters rather than simply providing a bunch of form type information.

Being a firearms forum, your views on firearms are the most relevent to us as a group. Even within PAFOA we have a wide range of "support" for the 2A and A1S21 due to varying interpretations and other factors. I have a few "tough" questions that are directly relevent to us. They're "tough" because there's conflict between members of PAFOA on them. To be honest, it's probably in your best political interest to not even answer them, but this will allow us to know how much you care about getting your views out regardless of popularity.

When I use the term "firearm" I mean handgun, rifle, shotgun.

* Is the PSP's firearms registry that's not really a registry in violation of PA law?

* Should people be able to openly carry firearms?

* Should people be able to carry firearms (concealed and openly) in and outside of a vehicle without a license?

* Should the state's restriction on K-12 schools be removed?

* Should convicted felons be prohibited from posessing firearms?

* Do you support a PA "Freedom Firearms Act"?

* Should the restrictions on posession of full auto/select fire arms (machine guns), silencers, and destructive devices be removed?

* Not firearms, but still an arms question -- Should there be restrictions on the types of knives owned/posessed/carried outside of ones home?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by leeam View Post
    * Is the PSP's firearms registry that's not really a registry in violation of PA law?
    It may not be a violation of statute, but it certainly does not jive with that "shall not be questioned" business in Pennsylvania's highest law.

* Should people be able to openly carry firearms?
    Yes.

* Should people be able to carry firearms (concealed and openly) in and outside of a vehicle without a license?
    Yes.

You'll have to clarify what you mean by this. If you're talking about so-called "gun-free zones," they do nothing but create places full of potential victims for some whack job.

* Should convicted felons be prohibited from posessing firearms?
    There are felonies that have nothing to do with violence. And if convicted felons are so dangerous, why have they been released? I'm of the opinion that once someone does their time, they've done their time. If they're off parole and have completely satisfied their "debt to society," they should enjoy the full benefits of freedom. I'm also of the opinion that we need to examine who we're locking up, for how long, and why.

This is the first I've heard of it. Is there a bill number?

* Should the restrictions on posession of full auto/select fire arms (machine guns), silencers, and destructive devices be removed?
    Do agents of the government have them as part of their domestic arsenal? If so, then yes. We need to remember the primary purpose of the RKBA - to defend against tyranny.

* Not firearms, but still an arms question -- Should there be restrictions on the types of knives owned/posessed/carried outside of ones home?
    No. Knives, like guns, are mere objects.

Question Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Russ who's views do you see to be like your own that is running for PA Governor?

Thxs!

(Clearfield County)

I'd like to thank you for answering my questions. I realize that you're not running for the general assembly, but I still think your views on these issues are important to potential voters (particularly on this forum). Based on the answers to the questions, it sounds like you're not part of the "I support the 2A, but ..." group of politicians, but have actually taken a literal interpretation of 2A and A1S21.

Quote Originally Posted by RussDiamond View Post
    You'll have to clarify what you mean by this. If you're talking about so-called "gun-free zones," they do nothing but create places full of potential victims for some whack job.
    Yes, I was referring to the gun-free zones. There is both a state and a federal law making schools a gun free zone, but federal law gives us an exemption if we're licensed in the state the school is in. The state law isn't so clear as it provides a defense if the weapon "is possessed for other lawful purpose".

I'm not aware of legislation being introduced in PA (yet). I was just curious as to your thoughts on the concept of a "Freedom Firearms Act" similar to Montana and Tennessee.

(Lebanon County)

I'm not aware of legislation being introduced in PA (yet). I was just curious as to your thoughts on the concept of a "Freedom Firearms Act" similar to Montana and Tennessee.
    If that's the action those states took to outwit federal nitwittery regarding in-state manufactured firearms, then yes, I'd be in favor. I'm all for opposing federal nitwittery at every turn.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rodgers View Post
    Russ who's views do you see to be like your own that is running for PA Governor?

Thxs!
    On gun rights, none have really vocalized on the subject as a highlighted campaign point, as far as I'm aware. I like that Rohrer wants to actually pursue getting rid of property taxes. I like that Corbett is indicting and trying those accused of corruption in Harrisburg.

Frankly, I'm reserving my vote for someone who supports a limited constitutional convention. (I'm still allowed to be undecided, right?) If I don't get that (and I've been working on them both, believe me), then I'll make my choice based on other things.

Regardless, I'll be teamed up with whomever all the other Republican voters choose, so I'll do whatever I have to do to work with that person.

Pennsylvania has an odd system of nominating the LG and the Gov separately in the primary and running them as a team in the fall. Some want to discuss changing this system. We could do that at a limited convention as well.

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

If that's the action those states took to outwit federal nitwittery regarding in-state manufactured firearms, then yes, I'd be in favor. I'm all for opposing federal nitwittery at every turn.
    I think we would get along pretty well Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions presented to you.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Lackawanna County)

It may not be a violation of statute, but it certainly does not jive with that "shall not be questioned" business in Pennsylvania's highest law.

Yes.

Yes.

There are felonies that have nothing to do with violence. And if convicted felons are so dangerous, why have they been released? I'm of the opinion that once someone does their time, they've done their time. If they're off parole and have completely satisfied their "debt to society," they should enjoy the full benefits of freedom. I'm also of the opinion that we need to examine who we're locking up, for how long, and why.

Do agents of the government have them as part of their domestic arsenal? If so, then yes. We need to remember the primary purpose of the RKBA - to defend against tyranny.

No. Knives, like guns, are mere objects.
    I agree 100% with everything you just said.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast