Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Quote Originally Posted by h82lose99 View Post
    He fully supports the 2nd Amendment.

Send him an email and ask. Gun rights aren't the biggest problem in PA and there's only so much room on a website.

But thanks for at least looking into him.
    Since when is there "only so much room on a website"???? Time to get a better hosting service. There is virtually UNLIMITED room on a website. A completely silly statement.

(Bucks County)

After the first reply to my posting last evening, I sent Russ an email.

The man, in less than 18 hours mind you, joined PAFOA and replied.

That speaks volumes to me. You just don't get that from the run-of-the-mill lifetime politicians.
    (oh, yeah, he answered my email too).
    Eventually, we need to take the Country back, this is a great time to start.

Spread the word!

Would of been nice if he was already a active member of PAFOA.

Come clean, what is your relationship wjth him?

Anyone can join a website to push their agenda.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Berks County)

Exclamation Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Quote Originally Posted by theo View Post
    Would of been nice if he was already a active member of PAFOA.

Come clean, what is your relationship wjth him?

Anyone can join a website to push their agenda.

Honesty, I've never met the man face to face.
    I'm just a registered voter that is totally fed up with the same old crap.

It may surprise you to learn that not everybody knows about PAFOA.

Form your own opinion, you do yourself, and PA, a disservice to not educate yourself about candidates. And if you don't even vote, then you have no business complaining.
    Last edited by h82lose99; February 20th, 2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling -5

(Berks County)

Cool Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Quote Originally Posted by cptrad View Post
    Since when is there "only so much room on a website"???? Time to get a better hosting service. There is virtually UNLIMITED room on a website. A completely silly statement.
    You have the average readers attention for about 10 seconds. There is only so much room to put information on the opening page. Sure you can provide links and more pages and post an infinite amount of information, but the odds of a site visitor actually digging to find information is slim. I should have said "web page" I guess.

(Beaver County)

After the first reply to my posting last evening, I sent Russ an email.

The man, in less than 18 hours mind you, joined PAFOA and replied.

That speaks volumes to me. You just don't get that from the run-of-the-mill lifetime politicians.
    (oh, yeah, he answered my email too).
    Eventually, we need to take the Country back, this is a great time to start.

Spread the word!
    All he did was tell us what we wanted to hear... typical politician speak for "I have no clue what i'm talking about or how to answer the questions given me."
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Beaver County)

You have the average readers attention for about 10 seconds. There is only so much room to put information on the opening page. Sure you can provide links and more pages and post an infinite amount of information, but the odds of a site visitor actually digging to find information is slim. I should have said "web page" I guess.
    When I want to make a decision on a candidate I look up all relevant information I can find. What I find on his website is just a bunch of vagueness. I don't just blindly put out my vote without hearing what the man is all about.

You have the average readers attention for about 10 seconds
    Real nice way to garner support for your man, call us all a bunch of idiots.
    Last edited by bige64; February 20th, 2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Cool Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Accolades and Gubernatorial Run

PACleanSweep made Diamond known throughout the state, culminating in his being named one of three "Citizens of the Year" by the Philadelphia Inquirer on January 1, 2006.[3]

Diamond later authorized the Draft Russ Diamond political committee, a group aiming to test the viability of his candidacy for office. On April 13, 2006, he announced that he would run for Governor as an Independent.

Diamond advocated abolishing the property tax, funding public education out of general revenues, auditing all government expenditures for efficiency and usefulness, calling a constitutional convention to modernize the state's constitution, repealing legalized slot machines, and "stimulate economic development" by reducing taxes and regulation. He promised to serve only one term and not run for re-election. He selected Tom Lingenfelter, a former Republican state committeeman and Democratic candidate for Congress run with him for Lieutenant Governor.

To qualify for the general election ballot, Diamond needed to collect approximately 67,000 signatures by August 1, 2006, but he informed the media that he had only collected about 38,000.[4]

REFERENCE:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Diamond

CONSIDER THIS PEOPLE:

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."~Abraham Lincoln

AGGRESSORS:
    "the men who pervert the Constitution"

VICTIMS:
    "We the people"

SOLUTION:
    "overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution"

HOW TO IMPLEMENT:
    by being "the rightful masters of"~ "the courts" and "not to overthrow the Constitution".

Two wrongs don't make a right. Enough said.
    Last edited by Judicial Rambo; February 20th, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Quo warranto!"But you don't have to take my word for it,"~LeVar Burton

(Bucks County)

A)Honesty, I've never met the man face to face.
    I'm just a registered voter that is totally fed up with the same old crap.

B)It may surprise you to learn that not everybody knows about PAFOA.

C)Form your own opinion, you do yourself, and PA, a disservice to not educate yourself about candidates. And if you don't even vote, then you have no business complaining.
    A) Does not pass the smell test. You join this forun to push your candidates agenda. I would respect you more if you came clean and said what your connection is relative/friend/working for his campaign. Just be honest.

B)Not surprised. But if you say your candidate cares about 2nd Ammendment Rights in PA, you think he would know of PAFOA.

C) I do have opinions and am informed. I am 49 and have voted in every primary and general election since I was 18.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

(Lebanon County)

A few points:

I joined because like a lot of people, I get a google alert every time my campaign is mentioned somewhere on the web. So I saw one and I joined. I don't know the person who first posted, but I appreciate support from wherever it comes.

As I said, I think Art I Sec 21 is clear. I do not know what else "shall not be questioned" can mean. Permit? Are you questioning my right? Scary-looking gun, you claim? Are you questioning my right? One gun a month? Are you questioning my right?

If you have any specific questions about the "devil" or the "details," just ask. You should know, however, that the Lieutenant Governor has no legislative power and cannot change any policy unilaterally. I can be a vocal advocate, however. If, God forbid, something should happen to the Governor, I'll be in a better position to help reclaim our rights.

Someone complained about how they think you can't limit a constitutional convention. They're just wrong, and haven't studied PA legal precedent. Perhaps they're confusing this with a federal convention, which I do not support. A limitation on a state convention against tampering with Article I, when specified in the enabling act, the authorizing referendum, and the delegate oath of office is legal, constitutional and enforceable.

In fact, any convention launched by an act of the General Assembly and funded with public resources that attempts to tamper with Article I would be a violation of Art I Sec 25, since it excepts the entire Article away from the powers of government.

Same person mentioned the "founders." Who would that be? The army of lawyers and politicians who rewrote everything except Article I back in the 60's? Any chance they're the reason we now have a bloated full-time legislature and a slew of unelected and unaccountable Authorities, Boards, and Commissions that spend tons of taxpayer dollars to employ hoards of lawyers?

No reason to attempt to correct that, I suppose. Everything's just fine here in PA, right?

Look, you can say "no" all you want, but please take some time to make sure your "no" is informed. Meanwhile, I'll continue to fight to exercise our rights as guaranteed by Art I Sec 2, which is as clear and concise as Art I Sec 21. I don't deserve the crappy government we have, and neither do you. We have the right, and the duty, to fix it.

At http://www.russdiamond.org, I have a ton of information posted regarding a limited convention, the history of constitutional change in Pennsylvania, and how one would work today. It’s not going to happen tomorrow, and if you have any specific suggestions as to how to make the plan better, I’d sure like to hear them.

As defenders of individual rights, we can either be negatarians and sit on the sidelines on this issue, or we can wait for the left to take the lead, pull the wool over everyone's eyes like the left is apt to do, and do it their way. They will, you know. I'm in this to prevent that from happening. It's why I got in it in the first place, and remains my primary reason for putting all the research and effort into it.

Same person mentioned "all of this money" in relationship to PACleanSweep. We ran that group on a literal shoestring. Check out the campaign finance reports for yourself. They’re all very public and online, courtesy of the Department of State. Again, an informed opinion is much better than an uninformed one.

Speaking of complaints about PACleanSweep, wouldn't it have been nice if we, as citizens, could have just circulated a petition to put a question on the ballot to REJECT the pay raise? Or suppose the PA Supreme Court rules sometime that some one-gun-a-month bill is perfectly kosher. Shouldn't we have the opportunity to put that on the ballot for rejection? Not to correct it, not to rewrite it, but just to tell them to go back for a do-over, because We the People OWN the Constitution and we disagree with their "living, breathing" interpretation.

That's the sort of direct citizen check and balance a convention could give us. We will not regain control of our government through the regular legislative process.

Instead, we're stuck with only two options to oppose reprehensible acts by government: 1) Elections, which in case you haven't been paying attention are completely rigged in favor of incumbents (and even that's not enough, so they steal tax dollars to further increase their advantage!), and 2) Begging.

How's that workin' out for ya?

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: Support Russ Diamond for Lt. Governor

Quote Originally Posted by RussDiamond View Post
    A few points:

I joined because like a lot of people, I get a google alert every time my campaign is mentioned somewhere on the web. So I saw one and I joined. I don't know the person who first posted, but I appreciate support from wherever it comes.

As I said, I think Art I Sec 21 is clear. I do not know what else "shall not be questioned" can mean. Permit? Are you questioning my right? Scary-looking gun, you claim? Are you questioning my right? One gun a month? Are you questioning my right?

If you have any specific questions about the "devil" or the "details," just ask. You should know, however, that the Lieutenant Governor has no legislative power and cannot change any policy unilaterally. I can be a vocal advocate, however. If, God forbid, something should happen to the Governor, I'll be in a better position to help reclaim our rights.

Someone complained about how they think you can't limit a constitutional convention. They're just wrong, and haven't studied PA legal precedent. Perhaps they're confusing this with a federal convention, which I do not support. A limitation on a state convention against tampering with Article I, when specified in the enabling act, the authorizing referendum, and the delegate oath of office is legal, constitutional and enforceable.

In fact, any convention launched by an act of the General Assembly and funded with public resources that attempts to tamper with Article I would be a violation of Art I Sec 25, since it excepts the entire Article away from the powers of government.

Same person mentioned the "founders." Who would that be? The army of lawyers and politicians who rewrote everything except Article I back in the 60's? Any chance they're the reason we now have a bloated full-time legislature and a slew of unelected and unaccountable Authorities, Boards, and Commissions that spend tons of taxpayer dollars to employ hoards of lawyers?

No reason to attempt to correct that, I suppose. Everything's just fine here in PA, right?

Look, you can say "no" all you want, but please take some time to make sure your "no" is informed. Meanwhile, I'll continue to fight to exercise our rights as guaranteed by Art I Sec 2, which is as clear and concise as Art I Sec 21. I don't deserve the crappy government we have, and neither do you. We have the right, and the duty, to fix it.

At http://www.russdiamond.org, I have a ton of information posted regarding a limited convention, the history of constitutional change in Pennsylvania, and how one would work today. It’s not going to happen tomorrow, and if you have any specific suggestions as to how to make the plan better, I’d sure like to hear them.

As defenders of individual rights, we can either be negatarians and sit on the sidelines on this issue, or we can wait for the left to take the lead, pull the wool over everyone's eyes like the left is apt to do, and do it their way. They will, you know. I'm in this to prevent that from happening. It's why I got in it in the first place, and remains my primary reason for putting all the research and effort into it.

Same person mentioned "all of this money" in relationship to PACleanSweep. We ran that group on a literal shoestring. Check out the campaign finance reports for yourself. They’re all very public and online, courtesy of the Department of State. Again, an informed opinion is much better than an uninformed one.

Speaking of complaints about PACleanSweep, wouldn't it have been nice if we, as citizens, could have just circulated a petition to put a question on the ballot to REJECT the pay raise? Or suppose the PA Supreme Court rules sometime that some one-gun-a-month bill is perfectly kosher. Shouldn't we have the opportunity to put that on the ballot for rejection? Not to correct it, not to rewrite it, but just to tell them to go back for a do-over, because We the People OWN the Constitution and we disagree with their "living, breathing" interpretation.

That's the sort of direct citizen check and balance a convention could give us. We will not regain control of our government through the regular legislative process.

Instead, we're stuck with only two options to oppose reprehensible acts by government: 1) Elections, which in case you haven't been paying attention are completely rigged in favor of incumbents (and even that's not enough, so they steal tax dollars to further increase their advantage!), and 2) Begging.

How's that workin' out for ya?
    Thank you for coming back and clearing some things up for us. Greatly Appreciated. If you really believe what you say about Art I Sec 2 please put it on your website, just dont tell a bunch of gunowners you support it. It's like obama telling PA how great we are then going to a "richie" convention and crapping on top of us saying we are all a bunch of gun toting idiots.
    Last edited by bige64; February 22nd, 2010 at 09:17 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast