Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Starbucks Appreciation Day – Sunday Feb 21

http://www.peoplespresscollective.or...sunday-feb-21/

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Lawful Self Defense, an organization vocally opposing your right to private firearm ownership, has been losing their battles to disarm law-abiding citizens in federal, state, and local elections. They lose with their ballot initiatives on election days. They lose with their cases in the court system. They lose in the public opinion polls. And they are even losing with donations. The only thing they succeed at is, well, failing.

Now the anti-gun Brady Campaign has turned its sights (metaphorically speaking, since they wet their pants at the sight of a firearm) on private property. In particular, they’ve taken aim on Starbucks. The Brady organization claims to have 25,000 petition signatures demanding that Starbucks prohibit firearms in their privately owned coffee shops. You see, the Brady Campaign does not approve of law-abiding adults with permits to carry concealed handguns from doing so for self defense on public or private property. Furthermore, they also condemn the open carry of safely holstered handguns for self defense by law-abiding adults.

Starbucks’ response? They hurt the Brady folk’s feelings when they told them, “Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding this issue.” We need to reward Starbucks’ refusal to cave to the arrogant demands of the Brady Campaign – first by telling their corporate office that you enjoy their products and that you will continue to support their company because they support your right to self defense.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Starbucks Appreciation Day – Sunday Feb 21

I hate Starbucks coffee and I'm not an avid OCer plus I have to work Sunday from 6:00pm to 6:00am Monday so I sleep most of the day.

But if anyone is going to a Starbucks in Pittsburgh (Robinson) around 9:00am I may go too.

I might even OC.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

this goes for all starbucks correct? if so, i'll make sure to visit my local sb and buy a cup and let them know i appreciate corporate for their support of the us constitution.
    FJB

(Cambria County)

MEET AND GREETS AT YOUR LOCAL STARBUCKS.

We all should try and make a point of showing up at your local Starbucks, you can always get a hot chocolate if you don't like the coffee. Any time you can show your appreciation you should.

Maybe I should start a thread for a meet and greet at the local Starbucks around here.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bucks County)

mmmm starbucks
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Clinton County)

Just sent them an email thanking them for not taking shit from those brady shit heads. I still don't get it, because their the mother land of the libtards.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Just sent them an email thanking them for not taking shit from those brady shit heads. I still don't get it, because their the mother land of the libtards.
    It surprised me too. It's gotta be a real kick in the nuts to the Brady Campaign. I'm sure that's why they targeted Starbucks - because they thought it'd be an easy 'victory' for them.

I also sent them an email. It was short and to the point. Here it is:
    I would like to start off saying that I do not often drink coffee and I always avoided Starbucks stores because of the high prices.

Recently, I became aware of the Brady Campaign's attempts at persuading your corporation to change its corporate policy to prohibit the legal carry of weapons within your stores where legally allowed. I was very impressed that your company did not change its policy and still allows the legal carry of firearms within your stores. This morning I stopped by a Starbucks store and bought a coffee and small confection in appreciation of your decision not to change corporate policy. You have just earned yourself a new loyal customer that otherwise would have never stepped foot in a Starbucks. Thank you.

Max
    Their response was:
    Hello Max,

Thanks so much for contacting us and taking the time to share your thoughts.

I sincerely appreciate your comments and hope you will continue to enjoy Starbucks coffee.

Sincerely,

Alyssa R.
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
    Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

I would love to OC on the 21st to Starbucks, but my nearest Starbucks is located in the Bloomsburg University college campus... so that's out of the question.
    loose≠lose; you're=you are; 'your' shows possession.

(Bucks County)

I personally love Starbucks coffee. Unfortunately the closest one is still a bit of a hike. Looks like Sunday will be a good excuse for me to make the trip for a cup and show them my appreciation.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    I hate Starbucks coffee and I'm not an avid OCer plus I have to work Sunday from 6:00pm to 6:00am Monday so I sleep most of the day.

But if anyone is going to a Starbucks in Pittsburgh (Robinson) around 9:00am I may go too.

I might even OC.
    Ditto, except for the hours. And I'm new to this forum, so good timing. Want to pick one? I think there's like 874 in one square mile out there.

(Centre County)

Post deleted by poster, as I am, doing to almost all my posts.
    Last edited by TheF00L; April 13th, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast