Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Teens Charged in Center City Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    Reading is fundamental. I never said anything about loaded shotguns in your vehicle.
    The conversation was about carrying a shotgun 'cruiser ready'- which means with a loaded mag tube. That is what fostered the comment about self-preservation versus the law.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by runningfast View Post
    The conversation was about carrying a shotgun 'cruiser ready'- which means with a loaded mag tube. That is what fostered the comment about self-preservation versus the law.
    I wasn't aware of that. I thought the conversation was about using a weapon to defend yourself against a large number of people attacking you.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by topsykretts View Post
    I wasn't aware of that. I thought the conversation was about using a weapon to defend yourself against a large number of people attacking you.
    Nope, that was a separate conversation arc- as far as I see, no one in the thread took issue with the idea of defending yourself with a firearm. We're just concerned that trumping 'self-defense' over the law is silly in cases where you can defend yourself adequately without breaking the law.

Personally I'm of the opinion that if I draw a hi-cap 9mm in a crowd of high school students, I'm really no worse off than drawing a shotgun I'd kept loaded in my car.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by runningfast View Post
    I had to reread the original post about the "cruiser-ready".....

I was always under the impression this just meant mag tube loaded with the chamber clear and closed with the trigger pulled. I always attributed the phase to the gun's ready condition not that it was like this because being in a vehicle.... does "cruiser ready" automatically imply it is in a vehicle?

Dont flame me, I am just trying to make sure I am understanding terminology correctly...
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by spabula View Post
    I had to reread the original post about the "cruiser-ready".....

I was always under the impression this just meant mag tube loaded with the chamber clear and closed with the trigger pulled. I always attributed the phase to the gun's ready condition not that it was like this because being in a vehicle.... does "cruiser ready" automatically imply it is in a vehicle?

Dont flame me, I am just trying to make sure I am understanding terminology correctly...
    No, cruiser ready doesn't have anything to do with whether the weapon is a vehicle. You're exactly right. It basically means pump, trigger pull, blam.

But the poster was describing carrying a pistol and an 870. I doubt he was talking about carrying that on foot.

And so carrying a loaded long arm in your vehicle is illegal in the state of Pennsylvania.

Will this be the next thing we see?

Scores of gangbangers marauded through Times Square and nearby streets last night, storming businesses and harrassing pedestrians as three people were shot in possibly related violence.

Hundreds of cops struggled to disperse the youths. Police made 54 arrests on a variety of charges, including disorderly conduct.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz0kFCFQDfY

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234