Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Extra Mags?

(Venango County)

Default Re: Why Extra Mags?

Quote Originally Posted by levib View Post
    This thread is going to be a monster tomorrow. Don't think you know what you put into motion.
    Never said anyone was wrong, my brain just couldn't put 2 and 2 together. I was only looking for enlightenment.

(Philadelphia County)

Like many said, I don't think it's about have the magazine capacity but rather the ability to rectify a failure.

(Bucks County)

Why not? I carry two for my primary (total of 40 rounds, including the chambered round) and one for my BUG (fifteen rounds, total). I can do that without comprising my comfort, it isn't at all inconvenient, so why not? If I ever actually need them, I'll be very damn glad I have them, and there's no downside. Also, there's the possibility of malfunction.

(Dauphin County)

If a tyrant has more mags than you, you do not have enough mags.
    If a tyrant can secure the only mags you have (be those on your person, or be them at your home), you do not have enough mags in the right places.

Maybe these will motivate you to carry more magazines (although not as too the point as I'd like for this post).

(Cambria County)

I carry a Kahr and the mag only holds 6, it would suck if it failed, and I would hate for my last thoughts to be "If only I had another mag" I don't go buck wild but one extra should be fine. I'm not trying to get into a fire fight. If I'm at home, I use my handgun to get me to a long arm, if I'm out of the house the handgun is to get me away from the situation, no more. It's just a tool not a miracle worker.
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Philadelphia County)

IMO it's as easy to carry two spares as one, and you always want one. Your mag could malfunction, or your ammo might. You could lose the mag in a struggle for your gun. You might just screw up and drop it, and who knows where it will fall? Best to have a spare, methinks. Also evens out the weight on your belt a bit.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    IMO it's as easy to carry two spares as one,
    I wouldn't necessarily agree that two mags is as easy as one, particularly if you carry the extra in a pocket.

I carry my extra G19 and chapstick in left pocket and knife, cellphone, change and pen in the right. I'm about tapped on pocket space.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by he11zna View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily agree that two mags is as easy as one, particularly if you carry the extra in a pocket.

I carry my extra G19 and chapstick in left pocket and knife, cellphone, change and pen in the right. I'm about tapped on pocket space.
    OK not in a pocket, but on a belt I find a double carrier conceals just as well.

I can't think of any tragedy resulting from the good guy having too much ammo. There are many examples of tragedies resulting from the good guy having too little ammo.

Having one round too few may cost you your life. Having 50 rounds too many will cost you, what, $50?
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Jefferson County)

I carry extra mags for the same reason I carry my pistol in the first place;

You NEVER know what will happen, when that'll happen, or how badly it'll happen.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast