Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Joined Millcreek Sportsman

I joined Millcreek Sportsman this week. Went to the monthly meeting tonight for the first time. Everyone seemed real nice. I think its going to be a nice place to shoot.

Anyone else here a member there?
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Joined Millcreek Sportsman

Hey Riverpirate,

I am Millcreek's treasurer! Thanks again for joining and welcome.

Sorry I missed you at the meeting. I am actually in my final class to finish my MBA at Penn State. Classes are Tuesdays, so I won't make a meeting until May.

I usually shoot at the outdoor range on Sunday afternoons. Hope to run into you here!

And try to make it to the ham Raffle on Friday, March 19th... good food and all the frothy beverage you want for $5.00. Bring some buddies and bring some cash for the raffle guns!
    Last edited by moshan; February 24th, 2010 at 08:29 PM.

(Lancaster County)

ah , your the one they were joking about never being there , lol. I wont be there this sunday due to family stuff, but will probably start going on sundays starting next week. Might pick up a 22 pistol this weekend at the york show for thursday evening shooting. If you see a guy around there in a EMT hat that will probably be me.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Yeah, I get no respect for trying to get an edu-ma-ka-shon!

I will look for you Saturday at York, will probaly be wearing a black watch cap with a "Zombie Hunter" patch on the front...

Hope to see you there!

(Lancaster County)

I noticed you used to be a member at Mt. Joy. I'm a member there, but some things have irked me lately. The non-jacketed ammo only indoors, as well as not allowing pistol shooting closer than 25 yards (I even asked if I could bring a cheap wood easel and use my own stuff and they said no).

That being said, what's Mill Creek like? Do they let you use FMJ indoors. What outdoor ranges do they have (200 yards?). Can you shoot pistol outdoors, and if so, can it be closer than 25yds and/or allow human shaped paper target?

I mainly shoot pistol and my rifle (200yd target shooting), and occassionally my AR. I just want somewhere that mainly will let me hone my self-defense shooting with my pistol, and 25 yard bulleye shooting just doesn't do it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1990dtgl98 View Post
    I noticed you used to be a member at Mt. Joy. I'm a member there, but some things have irked me lately. The non-jacketed ammo only indoors, as well as not allowing pistol shooting closer than 25 yards (I even asked if I could bring a cheap wood easel and use my own stuff and they said no).

That being said, what's Mill Creek like? Do they let you use FMJ indoors. What outdoor ranges do they have (200 yards?). Can you shoot pistol outdoors, and if so, can it be closer than 25yds and/or allow human shaped paper target?

I mainly shoot pistol and my rifle (200yd target shooting), and occassionally my AR. I just want somewhere that mainly will let me hone my self-defense shooting with my pistol, and 25 yard bulleye shooting just doesn't do it.
    I'll do my best to answer , if you have any further question you can contact Rhonda through the website and she can answer everything.
    For indoor:
    It is only open Sundays and thursdays. Sundays is anything but Magnum rounds. Thursday is 22lr.

Pistol outside is pretty cool. 25 yard Concrete enclosed range. You can shoot any distance.

Rifle outdoors is 25 , 50 and 100 yards only. You can use any paper target you want ( bulls-eye , silhouette,whatever ) . but it only goes to 100 yards.

I left Mt. Joy because the pistol rules. I practice 10 yards or less using silhouette. I do miss the 200 yard range , but oh well
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post

I left Mt. Joy because the pistol rules. I practice 10 yards or less using silhouette. I do miss the 200 yard range , but oh well
    Agreed. I like Mt. Joy except the no silhouette and nothing closer than 25yds. Considering 3/4 of my shooting is not allowed there, I'm looking elsewhere now.

Thanks for the time!

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs down Re: Joined Millcreek Sportsman

I used to be a member at Millcreek & i had a real problem with the fact that members had to pay to shoot indoor 1 day a week.

although MC is 10 min from my house. I dont mind driving 20 min Mt Joy.

MC gets to many city thugs that think shooting like the movies is ok.

Ill explane the day i decided to leave.

It was a sunday. I was shooting indoor & a few guys came in that have never been there before. At this point i have been a member there for over 3 years & attended every sunday.

a couple of them had there pistols loaded & tucked in their (NOT IN HOLSTERS). one guy who was carrying like this had to get help from a club officer because when he was shooting he was hitting the celling & floor. They were even passing their pistols betwen themselves during the active firing line.

another thing i dont like is how close the new homes are to th range. I used to sometimes go shoot at 8am outdoor & less than 5 minutes into shooting an officer would show up & stare you down.

just a few reasons why i left.
    XD-9 SC ***** XD-40 ***** Yugo SKS ***** DPMS AR-15

(Lancaster County)

I haven't ever shot there however I work with the Vice President of the club. Enjoy and let us know what you think.
    P229- 40 S&W

(Lancaster County)

I just renewed my membership at mill creek. I wasn't going to but there is some new officers there. And I miss the place, I just can't get to the meetings. If they were earlier I could.
    I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast