Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default Re: Any experience with gunbroker.com?

I always look at gunbroker, but have only used it once for a can of 30 carbine ammo. There are some good deals on there, just make sure that after paying shipping and at least $25 transfer it is still worth it. It usually comes out to at least $50 added on. But, you can find almost anything you are looking for.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Allegheny County)

I sold several handguns & other items and bought quite a bit too. I use it all the time. Everything went well except for a deal with a guy new to the site and I probably should've known better and walked away but I was too anxious to have what he was selling. I'd say pay attention to the feedback, be careful about dealing with new guys (little or no feedback), read the descriptions carefully several times, and if there aren't clear close-up pictures of all sides of a firearm, question why.

Bottom line, whatever you're looking at probably isn't a one-of-a-kind so be ready to walk away and know there will be others listed at some point.

been using broker for 10 years, screwed once for a 450.00 silencer. i got the PSP and FBI involved, and you know what they did? nothing. buyer beware.
    FJB

I've bought some classic Colts on there too. I also like GunsAmerica because the majority of transactions are sales and not auctions.

If you don't know anything about the guy it's safest to buy from an FFL. When you have agreed to terms ask him for the first three and last five digits of his license number. Enter the info here to check it's validity, https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/. If he refuses to provide the information, walk away.

Try to determine if they have a brick and mortar store, check the address out on Google street view just to make sure they aren't full of shit.

I prefer to pay with a US Postal Service money order so the Postal Inspector will get involved in case of fraud. When you ship payment used certified mail and request the delivery confirmation service so there will be a record of who signed for it. The USPS can use your email address or they'll mail you a signed receipt.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; February 14th, 2010 at 12:29 PM.

(Delaware County)

I've bought maybe 10-12 things off them from firearms to other odds and ends. Knock on wood but every experience was positive. The guy I used for the transfer told me to avoid anyone who refuses a return,since then I always look for an inspection period. A lot of sellers have 3 day inspection listed.
    I think stock,standard items are no advantage to buying on Gunbroker but if you're looking for something specific its great. Its also a great way to get an idea of prices.
    Tim

(Allegheny County)

Ive had numerous buying transactions off of gunbroker, all i can say is that i had A+++ experiences everytime. But becareful as there is surely someone on there trying to scam someone, as there is on pretty much every auction/buying site. Just use caution and common sense and you should be good!
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BandanaBandit1 View Post
    Ive had numerous buying transactions off of gunbroker, all i can say is that i had A+++ experiences everytime. But becareful as there is surely someone on there trying to scam someone, as there is on pretty much every auction/buying site. Just use caution and common sense and you should be good!
    i have done 30-40 transactions since 2000, only 1 screw job. you have to look at the feedback, i don't care how good the deal is, if the feedback is extremely low or has a lot of neg, stay away. but, sometimes that always doesn't work,
    theres a guy with at least 3-400 transfers and a handful of negs, he sold a forum friend (different forum) 20 raufus rounds (50bmg) for like 2000.00
    they ended up being api's repainted i forget what happened, i think he made good on the return but that was after a few threats.
    as i said, buyer beware.
    FJB

Sector 4 - Pittsburgh - Mt Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA Rifleman View Post
    Yes, 10 years. Very successful for me.

I sense there's another question in there...yes?
    Thanks for the info. No other questions.....YET! (LOL!)

Just been shopping for a few particular guns and saw some listed at good prices. Just never bought guns before that wasn't FTF....
    Fire.......It's what's for ZOMBIES.....

Sector 4 - Pittsburgh - Mt Lebanon, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Any experience with gunbroker.com?

Thanks for all the responses and info! I tend to rely on true customer feedback and appreceiate all the help!

Thank you!!!
    Fire.......It's what's for ZOMBIES.....

(Monroe County)

Ordered guns off gunbroker with no problem at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast