Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Question No Weapons Allowed (Lycoming Mall)

Ok, so I did a search for anything related to this and didn't find much information so pardon my post if this has been done before.

Well, I went to the Lycoming Mall tonight the buy my girlfriend new shoes as a Valentine's gift and as always I had my sidearm on me. I was carrying on my strong side on my hip and I had my sweatshirt over it to conceal it (and yes I have a LTCF). I get inside the doors at one of their entrances and happened upon the nice little white sign they have posted for everyone to see as they enter the mall listing the conduct policy. Sure enough as I scan down through the document I notice their "Gun Free Safe Zone" policy.

So, I had an obvious decision to make and here is how it went. I decided to say "f@#k that sign" and carry on about my business. I pulled my jeans up as high as I could get them and pulled my sweatshirt down as far as it would go. I put my hand in my pocket while grabbing the bottom of my sweatshirt to keep it held down and covered my sidearm with my arm so that it would be harder to see the bulge under my shirt. We walked through the mall towards the shoe store and I noticed a rent-a-cop "patrolling" the mall and got a little nervous but I continued to proceed to the store. We went in the store, bought her the shoes she wanted, walked out of the store and headed back for the entrance/exit. Just before I headed out of the mall I decided to take a picture of their sign so I could share it for you all and this is where we ended up. All in all it was a non-event except it left me puzzled about what they could actually do to me for lawfully carrying. Read number 6 on the list in the picture and tell me what you guys think. What should I have done instead (if anything) and what are some of your experiences carrying there (if any).

Well, thanks for reading my little story for tonight.

Here is the sign that was posted...
    http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...lNoGunSign.jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

Default Re: No Weapons Allowed (Lycoming Mall)

it would surprise me if a mall didn't have a no firearms policy/sign

(Lackawanna County)

why would you worry about mall security? what are they gonna do, run out of breath when they run 20' to get to you? mall cops aren't exactly trained to look for people concealing guns in holsters. they're there to shoo away kids smoking out front, and make sure that dirty old dude isn't jerking off in the food court bathroom again.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    it would surprise me if a mall didn't have a no firearms policy/sign
    They don't have a no firearms policy according to the sign. Its a no weapons policy.
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior72 View Post
    why would you worry about mall security? what are they gonna do, run out of breath when they run 20' to get to you? mall cops aren't exactly trained to look for people concealing guns in holsters. they're there to shoo away kids smoking out front, and make sure that dirty old dude isn't jerking off in the food court bathroom again.
    LMAO! I know what your saying, and it was just instinct. I could've seen a long drawn out "scene" if that rent-a-cop had noticed my sidearm.
    μολ ν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

It's their property so they could do anything (lawfully) to remove you from it- including calling the police and having you removed for trespassing, if you refused to leave peaceably.

(Monroe County)

What is the point of this pointless thread? Almost 99.9% of all malls have a no weapons policy. In fact most of the malls seem to be owned or run by just a couple big corporations.
    If you choose to pay the big bucks to shop in their stores then respect their private property rights and either conceal or stay home.

(Cambria County)

i refuse to even read those signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Almost 99.9% of all malls have a no weapons policy.
    It's true that some of the biggest mall developers have such policies, but the biggest mall [by far] in the state (King of Prussia) has no such policy -- though they are known to hassle OCers. The closest mall to me (Exton Square) likewise is not posted.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    LMAO! I know what your saying, and it was just instinct. I could've seen a long drawn out "scene" if that rent-a-cop had noticed my sidearm.
    A scene based on what? Private property, you want your rights respected without respecting theirs.

Although CC is still violating the rules at very least you don`t have to deal with a confrontation.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast