Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR Problem

(Chester County)

Default AR Problem

Just bought a Stag arms Model 2 a week ago, and havent got to shoot it yet. I put a few rounds into a mag and loaded the mag with the bolt closed. I pulled back the charging handle all the way and released it, it loaded the round. When i took out the mag and went to pull back the charging handle it was stuck. I noticed the bolt is not all the way closed(very close). And the forward assist is not doing anything. I can get the upper off of the lower, but still cant move the bolt. Anybody have this happen to them? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
    Kevin

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: AR Problem

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan2018 View Post
    Just bought a Stag arms Model 2 a week ago, and havent got to shoot it yet. I put a few rounds into a mag and loaded the mag with the bolt closed. I pulled back the charging handle all the way and released it, it loaded the round. When i took out the mag and went to pull back the charging handle it was stuck. I noticed the bolt is not all the way closed(very close). And the forward assist is not doing anything. I can get the upper off of the lower, but still cant move the bolt. Anybody have this happen to them? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help,
    Kevin
    Did you clean the chamber before loading it? Is it chromed lined?
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Montgomery County)

And pleeaassse tell me you're not doing this with live ammo.....

(Westmoreland County)

Also what kind of ammo?
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Chester County)

take the bolt out, then tap the round out with a cleaning rod (by going in from the muzzle end).

then smack yourself with playing with live ammo in a gun when not at a range. then use the other hand to order some snap caps.

(Berks County)

Do you have a 5.56 chamber? If it's a .223 and you put in 5.56 ammo, that may be the reason why you have a stuck case.

Now, your bolt does not move at all? I remember what I did with a friends rilfe is I pointed the weapon in a safe direction and wacked the butt of the ground until the case ejected. But doing this with live ammo while not on a range can be bad ju ju.
    Last edited by Konsukah_19; February 13th, 2010 at 12:59 AM.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Chester County)

it is chrome lined, i didnt clean the chamber, but everything was cleaned when i bought it. It is 5.56, and i can seperate the upper and lower recievers with the rear take down pin but it doesn't swing as easily due to the bolt not all the way closed. Its shitty Wolf ammo too

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Do you have a 5.56 chamber? If it's a .223 and you put in 5.56 ammo, that may be the reason why you have a stuck case.

Now, your bolt does not move at all? I remember what I did with a friends rilfe is I pointed the weapon in a safe direction and wacked the butt of the ground until the case ejected. But doing this with live ammo while not on a range can be bad ju ju.
    5.56 and .223 have the same external dimensions so live ammo shouldn't stick in either case.

I clear this malfunction in the field like Konsukah does......I grasp the charging handle and bring the buttstock into the ground at about a 45 degree angle. Usually kicks it loose. In your case just tap the charging handle back with a piece of wood and hammer (make sure the charging handle latch is open).

From the sound of it, I doubt you're are going to be able to remove the bolt at this point so don't shove anything down the barrel.

Lycanshouldpoploosethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

I also would not stick anything down the barrel. Just in case. If you can break it in half, do that, take your piece of wood or plastic and with the upper pointed in a safe direction put the edge of your wood here:

...and gently tap it out. When you are done let us know, you will need to test some things with your BCG. It could be related to chamber/ammo or your bolt (extractor or gas rings incorrectly installed). We'll try to figure it out.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Monroe County)

Wolf ammo is not Shitty, they have a lacquer coating on them, making them sticky, theyre for shooting not for playing with.

Buy some Snap caps, much safer and no jamming, also every AR owner should invest in a Shell extractor, i got mine from Brownells for about $6 bucks, never had to use it but i'm ready if i need.

I've had 3 ND's so forgive me if i come off a bit tough , but a ND with a 5.56 will be nasty.

Nyman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast