Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default coyote/fox hunting

just wandering if anyone has any areas that would be good to hunt in the lancaster berks area. ive been hunting public land (blue marsh, middle creek) havent had much luck any suggestions

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: coyote/fox hunting

have you tried SGL 46 and 156?

(Lancaster County)

yea ive been to both sgl 46 is middle creek. ive been up there a lot never had any luck. ive also walked around 156 as well, i walked around parts of it. i did see one fox over the summer but havent been able to hunt there at all this year yet. im going to go there tomorrow though

(Butler County)

my neighbor and I got thies two in a logging camp just on the outskirts of pa state game lands in butler county.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAhoghunter View Post
    my neighbor and I got thies two in a logging camp just on the outskirts of pa state game lands in butler county.
    Couple of nice fox ya have there.

Erin
    I think I am therefor I am, I think.

Question Re: coyote/fox hunting

OK Dont get mad at this question please. I lost my taste for hunting years ago. My question is why do you guys hunt fox and or coyots. I know you dont eat them and unless youre a farmer and are losing livestock I dont get it. The one animal I would be interested in hunting would be Wild bore or ferell pigs since they do WAY more damage to the environment. I have NOTHING against hunters I just dont hunt anymore. Plus wear Im at I havnt seen a Fox in years and never a coyot. I will wish you guys good luck when deer season comes around though. Best wishes das
    [SIGPIC]

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by das View Post
    OK Dont get mad at this question please. I lost my taste for hunting years ago. My question is why do you guys hunt fox and or coyots. I know you dont eat them and unless youre a farmer and are losing livestock I dont get it. The one animal I would be interested in hunting would be Wild bore or ferell pigs since they do WAY more damage to the environment. I have NOTHING against hunters I just dont hunt anymore. Plus wear Im at I havnt seen a Fox in years and never a coyot. I will wish you guys good luck when deer season comes around though. Best wishes das
    More than likely, they were hunting for the pelt. The same reason some people trap, for the furs. The fur trade is way down since it's hey day, but alot of people still do it to make extra money, sometimes still a pile of it.

Erin
    I think I am therefor I am, I think.

(Lancaster County)

finally got one!!!! its on purepredator.com its the first pic that pops up

(Lancaster County)

Thumbs up Re: coyote/fox hunting

i'm surprised you haven't seen any fox or coyotes. not knocking on you at all, it's just interesting that you haven't seen any. i don't live upstate, but there are plenty here in lancaster(fox). almost ran over one on the back road about a month ago. he ran right by me and i almost hit him. but yeah, i run into coyotes early in the morning usually and of course hear them more in the evening or at night(some in the morning too). do some spotting, if you don't see any in the field, keep on trying. they're around. especially upstate.

(Lancaster County)

ha, sorry, i didn't mention that the coyotes i run into are upstate of course. i do a lot of hiking and run into them once in a while. the closest was two within 20 feet and 30 minutes apart from each other! i guess i'm one of those guys that get lucky and run into stuff. but then again i(and a lot of other people were probably in the same situation) run into stuff when they're not in season, i.e. bobcat, turkey. wild boar would be fun. i know someone that got one. i hunt in bedford and there are a bunch out there(and i'm not talking about boar that are in wildlife preserve pay to hunt places!) hope you see a fox or coyote!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast