Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Erie Paper

(Erie County)

(Luzerne County)

(Erie County)

Default Re: Erie Paper

I called Tim Hahn to ask him what was the impetus for the article, and asked him directly if it was a result of some propaganda from Ceasefire or Brady Bunch. He said it was simply an assignment from his editor, that he had seen a related article in a North Dakota newspaper and thought it might be an interesting story idea here. Maybe true maybe not, I don't know. I carefully explained to him I wasn't overly pleased with the way they gleefully reported the idiot Erie police chief's comment regarding LTCF holders not being directly involved in crime but that they are often associated with criminals, and that they (the erie keystone cops) would be "having to watch." Hell, you can say the same thing about the cops! Hahn responded that he thought it was a pretty even treatment of the issue, despite the "Lawful Secret" be-very-scared lead in to the article.

I will say that I appreciate very much Sheriff Merski's comments in the article, his attitude towards our 2A rights and the professional way they run thier department. The Sheriff's office stands in stark contrast to the EPD.

Bottom line - he thought he did a great job and really doesn't see it as a hit piece. About typical for an anti-gun rag in a liberal town.

(Perry County)

An excellent follow-up article would be the crime rate comparing LTCFs and police and politicians. Given my limited knowledge of Erie politics I might be wrong, but I would certainly think the police and city officials would have a higher crime rate than the legal concealed carry population.

I no longer live in Erie Co. perhaps someone who does could contact The Times for a follow up along those lines.

(Erie County)

THAT is a wonderful idea!
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.