Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: leverevolution

(Franklin County)

Default leverevolution

Tested the new hornady lever revolution in my Marlin 30-30 today , up at caledonia shooting range. What a difference . the remington core loks were all over before. These are great.. Went out spotting deer afterwards. Just got back. We saw very few bucks , but saw allot of does. Over 200.
    In God We Trust............................

(Bucks County)

Default Re: leverevolution

My new .450 Marlin seems to really like them. Once I got them sighted in at 100 yards, I put the first two shots through the same hole.

(Clinton County)

What about the third shot. a 2 shot group isn't even a group and usually it takes at least 3 or 4 groups to see how it's shooting.

(York County)

I've been looking forward to trying them. I've never been a big fan of the core-lok either.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montell C. Williams View Post
    What about the third shot. a 2 shot group isn't even a group and usually it takes at least 3 or 4 groups to see how it's shooting.
    The third shot opened the group up to about an inch and a half and the fourth and fifth opened it up to about three inches.

I think I could do better though. Those were the last five shots I fired out of a box of 20 and I was developing a "very, very slight" flinch.

That's still minute of the boiler room accuracy on a deer and I don't anticipate taking a shot much longer than 50 yards where I hunt so I'm satisfied with that.

I'm planning on taking it back to the range right before buck season starts to make sure it's still on and that I'll be OK shooting a monster like that.