Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: new guy on the block

I was banned from sunset hill when i was 12 for shooting the chains holding the steel gongs with an sks. It was more challenging than shooting the gongs. They didn't like it very much. My bad. Also, they were in the news not that long ago for an accidental discharge that killed one of the employees- an uzi was put away loaded by one employee at night and the following morning as it was taken out of the safe by another employee, it "just went off", unfortunately killing the worker. The person who put the weapon away loaded apparently was so wrought with guilt over the incident that he decided to end his own life. Not that its a bad place or anything, I'm sure since that incident stricter policies of safety are enforced. I just haven't been there in years. Every time I drive past, there's no PA plates in the parking lots. And once your brass hits the ground, it's not yours anymore.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by sublime1 View Post
    And once your brass hits the ground, it's not yours anymore.

Ha ha, you fell for that line! I went there a number of times back in the mid 90's and I was told the same thing while I was picking up my brass...my response was: "It's my brass, so I will pick it up...if I leave it, you can have it...if you don't like that, bite me!"

The dude just shook his head and walked away! All the times that I was there nobody ever stopped me from picking up my brass.

(Monroe County)

Hmmph. I guess your right. It is my brass. But I still can't see paying $20 to go there and shoot my own guns. If I had no other options, maybe, but as long as I do have options, I'll save my $ to buy more ammo so I get to make more brass for me to pick up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12