Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Clearfield County)

Talking Re: Clearfield County Sheriff Project Coordanator

Telling the truth would have been simpler -- you're collecting names for another watch list. :P

(Clearfield County)

Default Re: Clearfield County Sheriff Project Coordanator

Dear Leeam,
    If this is your real name, Maybe you can start by reading up on the sheriff project. and if any of you have problem with issues concerning the Sheriff take it up with him. This educational in nature. If you don't want to sign up DON'T..

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by scottboyer View Post
    Greetings,
    I am new to this site and do not know if I can put this information here please let me know.
    I am coordanator For The Sheriff Project for this County anyone wanting to know more about what I'm doing please get in touch with me for more information,please list any questions you have here.
    Thanks,ScottBoyer
    Could you tell me if there is a link where I can download and print the gun permit application for Clearfield County?

I would also like to know what you do or are doing (as you posted in your first message).

(Clearfield County)

How does this process work to get a gun permit? I am reading about pics, research and time span. I take it I have to go to Clearfield to the Sheriffs office, fill out an application, have my pic taken, something about research and then wait for the permit to carry in the mail??

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    Why does it take so long to get a LTCF in Clearfield. The guy I work with took 40 days before he got his. In Clinton Co it took me only 20 min. (After the PICS took 30 Min on research. went back next day.) He had just bought a gun so PICS should not have been a problem. He was not upset. We made a joke of it with a 45 day count down calendar.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by MBELL5 View Post
    How does this process work to get a gun permit? I am reading about pics, research and time span. I take it I have to go to Clearfield to the Sheriffs office, fill out an application, have my pic taken, something about research and then wait for the permit to carry in the mail??
    Sorry, just noticed this thread..

For Clearfield you need to go to the court house. From the main entrance on 2nd St where security is you go straight down the hallway, then the sheriff's office is on the right. You can grab an application there. If you have time, fill it out and turn it in right then. That last time I took someone to get their LTCF there(2008) they took about a month to issue it. From what I understand they do a "full" background check along with PICS. My friend got a card in the mail letting her know to come pick up her license.

I'm not sure how things are now though. Statewide there is a new process, which maybe Clearfield changed their ways too.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Sorry, just noticed this thread..

For Clearfield you need to go to the court house. From the main entrance on 2nd St where security is you go straight down the hallway, then the sheriff's office is on the right. You can grab an application there. If you have time, fill it out and turn it in right then. That last time I took someone to get their LTCF there(2008) they took about a month to issue it. From what I understand they do a "full" background check along with PICS. My friend got a card in the mail letting her know to come pick up her license.

I'm not sure how things are now though. Statewide there is a new process, which maybe Clearfield changed their ways too.

Sounds like how it's still done. I got my permit renewed about two months before I needed to because I was going to be away when it would have expired and had no problems. I'm not sure what the long wait time is about. I think when I first got mine it took about 3 weeks to have it processed but renewals have been seamless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12