(Monroe County)

Default Don't speed on Rt 209

FYI:

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/100209882

Speeders targeted in Delaware Water Gap National Recreation AreaText Size:

By Beth Brelje
    Pocono Record Writer
    February 08, 2010
    Rangers are cracking down on speeders on Route 209 in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.

Most of the increased speed enforcement is around Bushkill Falls Road, according to Chief Ranger Eric Lisnik.

The Park Service steps up enforcement based on complaints, and lately there have been complaints from PennDOT workers on Bushkill Falls Road, especially about morning commuters.

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is widening Bushkill Falls Road.

“We see people going 55 in a 35. Obviously that can’t be ignored. It’s a huge safety concern,” Lisnik said.

The Park Service has written about 25 percent more speeding tickets in the past week, Lisnik said.

For park rangers, this is traffic enforcement season. Hunting season law enforcement, search and rescue, and managing crowds at Smithfield Beach are tasks that take rangers away from speed enforcement at other times of the year.

While in the park, drivers are on federal land, which means disputing a ticket requires a visit to federal court in Scranton. Speeding fines are set by a federal magistrate.

A ticket in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area starts with $35 for general speeding and $25 for a processing fee. Another $2 is added for every mile over the speed limit. The total fine for 20 mph over the limit is $100.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Don't speed on Rt 209

maybe they should watch the PennDOT workers too, those guys fly!...lol

(Monroe County)

The other interesting thing is the NPS is one of the only areas in Pa that has moving radar. They`ve had it since the mid 80`s.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    The other interesting thing is the NPS is one of the only areas in Pa that has moving radar. They`ve had it since the mid 80`s.
    whats that mean?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

The NPS rangers have radar like NJ where then can be moving, approaching from the rear, coming toward you, they could even be moving on a service road, etc.
    I have a couple friends that are rangers and I used to run the trail 3 or 4 times a week with my trucks.

(Bucks County)

Gee, the Ho Chi Minn is boring at 35MPH! Last time I drove from Port Jervis to Marshalls Creek I was hiting 60...I guess that has to stop! Cruise Control is your friend...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wis bang View Post
    Gee, the Ho Chi Minn is boring at 35MPH! Last time I drove from Port Jervis to Marshalls Creek I was hiting 60...I guess that has to stop! Cruise Control is your friend...
    yeah you got REALLLY lucky, pretty sure going 25 over the speed limit would get you in some serious trouble...

(Northampton County)

aww bummer back before the huge influx one would be able to fly threw there at 55-65mph with out so much of a blink of an eye.
    Now that the traffic has increased 5times what it used to be 10 years ago i guess they need to police it a bit more.
    Years ago I used to pass them by doing 55 and all I would get from them would be a flash of the headlights telling me to slow down... not anymore I guess.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Papuppyowner View Post
    aww bummer back before the huge influx one would be able to fly threw there at 55-65mph with out so much of a blink of an eye.
    Now that the traffic has increased 5times what it used to be 10 years ago i guess they need to police it a bit more.
    Years ago I used to pass them by doing 55 and all I would get from them would be a flash of the headlights telling me to slow down... not anymore I guess.
    Not since the NPS took over in the late 70`s early 80`s. There was a weigh station set up but it`s gone and that`s a different issue. Early 80`s the rangers became dicks and had almost a zero tolerance. 10 or so years ago there was some funding issues for a couple years so manpower was down and even the commercial vehicle check point/toll booths went unmanned some shifts. If they gave you the lights with not stop it`s usually a rare occasion.

Consider yourself lucky.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Not since the NPS took over in the late 70`s early 80`s. There was a weigh station set up but it`s gone and that`s a different issue. Early 80`s the rangers became dicks and had almost a zero tolerance. 10 or so years ago there was some funding issues for a couple years so manpower was down and even the commercial vehicle check point/toll booths went unmanned some shifts. If they gave you the lights with not stop it`s usually a rare occasion.

Consider yourself lucky.
    ty, these days I don't do much over 5over on the speed limit. Or I go with the flow of traffic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast